Verifying Customer Address

Overlay
Contributor
Contributor

I received the normal e-mail notification from PayPal of an order from a customer that included the customer's mailing address, including the ZIP code.  The PayPal notification said that the address was confirmed.  As I normally do, I then went to the U.S. Postal Service website to obtain the full ZIP+4 zip code for the address that was provided on the PayPal notification, in order to expedite the shipment to the greatest extent possible.  I received a response that said, "This address may be non-deliverable.   The address you provided is not recognized by the US Postal Service as an address we serve. Mail sent to this address may be returned."

I have sent an e-mail directly to the customer asking him to verify his address before I ship his order, and I am waiting for his response.  Is there anything else that I can do through PayPal to resolve this issue, since the PayPal notification indicated that the customer's address was confirmed?    

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Overlay
Contributor
Contributor

When I subsequently took the order to the post office to mail, they told me that, according to their system, the address that PayPal provided was valid.  They also informed me that not all addresses with a ZIP code have a ZIP+4 (which I had not been aware of previously).  So this apparently resolved my question, and I mailed the package to the address that was provided by PayPal, with just the regular ZIP code instead of the ZIP+4.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.