VERY upset with PayPal resolution process, how to appeal???

Kazansky
New Community Member

Hi,

PayPal has shown another unprofessional and weak side of its operations by ignoring a valid USPS tracking number (item shipped to Germany on 1/5/2010) and resolving the case incorrectly. 

I tried to appeal but there is no telephone number and even an email address to email supporting documents. With this monster making billions of dollars on all of us how do I appeal the final decision? Does anyone have any ways to submit documents to proof a valid shipping that has been lost/stolen?

Kazansky

Ebay member since 1999 with 100% positive feedback

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

ICDATTC
New Community Member

I'm not having success contacting PP to resolve my issue of incorrect invoice totals either.  I tried to use the resolution center but it only applies to either receiving an incorrect product or an invoice that was sent, but not by the acct owner.  I haven't found a phone number or email to use that would address my problem.  Even the email addresses used to communicate with me (from PP) can't be used to send a reply.  I know your question is "How to Appeal?", but I'd add to it and ask, "How do you contact them directly?".

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@ICDATTC wrote:

I'm not having success contacting PP to resolve my issue of incorrect invoice totals either.  I tried to use the resolution center but it only applies to either receiving an incorrect product or an invoice that was sent, but not by the acct owner.  I haven't found a phone number or email to use that would address my problem.  Even the email addresses used to communicate with me (from PP) can't be used to send a reply.  I know your question is "How to Appeal?", but I'd add to it and ask, "How do you contact them directly?".

Paypal's phone numbers;
US/Canada
1 - 888 - 221 - 1161
or
1 - 402 - 935 - 2050

4:00 AM PST to 10:00 PM PST Monday through Friday
6:00 AM PST to 8:00 PM PST Saturday and Sunday

Note, If you're trapped in the the phone maze, press Zero.
Login to Me Too

MDphotoArt
New Community Member

I've had a horrible time with them too. I can't find any place to explain how I am to UPLOAD SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS. 

I turned to my credit card company which makes it easy for you to upload supporting documents and does a temporary charge back until the issue is resolved.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@MDphotoArt wrote:

I've had a horrible time with them too. I can't find any place to explain how I am to UPLOAD SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS. 

I turned to my credit card company which makes it easy for you to upload supporting documents and does a temporary charge back until the issue is resolved.

You would have received an email address with the notice of the dispute.

Send them an email with the file number in the title and attach the documents as attachments.

Login to Me Too

luvstampin
Contributor
Contributor

The item you sent to Germany - does the tracking show DELIVERED???

If it is just mailed then yes they will go favor of the buyer. You have to prove the package has been DELIVERED.

You will need to refund the customer if tracking shoes just shipped. The in transit does not mean an thing. A seller could ship and item to his brother instead of seller and keep reselling and playing this scam if you only had to show shipping.

This is one of the reasons the policy states you need to prove DELIVERY CONFIRMATION in order to win.

If you insured the package then you will get you money back from the PO. If not then please learn the lesson to always do insurance. It is only a couple of bucks. Insurance protects the SELLER only - not the buyer. YOu cannot ask for money for insurance either in your auctions as it is a seller protection. You can work a dollar or two to pay for it though in your shipping/handling costs.

Login to Me Too

ABezer
New Community Member

Its an absolute joke! I sold and sent out a perfectly good working smart phone a month ago. The lady received and has been using it for 3.5 wks, and now all of a sudden it has a laundry list of problems. I'm getting a broken phone returned to me, and she is getting a full refund. I'm done with paypal once this issue is over with. Lucky for me I'm only out $50.00, where as I have read others being out several hundred and more. 

Login to Me Too

AlvinEz
New Community Member

I know exactly how you feel, I too had an unauthorized account transaction. My address was changed but kept my  name and a payment was sent using my name and of course my bankaccount that was on file. In the same day I called paypal to notify them of this. They said it will be resolved, the very next morning they deny my claims and said the payment transaction was consisnt with me. However in the process of me chaning my password, I told them can you trace the ip address that was associated with the time of the transaction, she said yes and found out that this person lived in NEW ORLEANS, which I don't have any family there or know anyone outside of florida.

shady shady shady is all I say. I was being very truthful and it seems that whoever this person is knows paypals policies and how they do things, only reason they would get away with it. Because I found it strange that he didn't change my name when my home address was changed and I couldn't change it back.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

kazansky,

What is the tracking number you gave and how much was the value of the shipment plus shipping?

Login to Me Too

annie800
Contributor
Contributor

International buyers very often lie and claim non-receipt of the item. Or, their PO officials and mail workers can even throw them out or steal them.

As I understand it, paypal does not protect the seller unless there is proof of delivery. The USPS agent told me that they do not offer International delivery confirmation or tracking on first class small packages.

The customs receipt has a tracking number, is this sufficent for proof of delivery?

I don't understand, what service should we buy to protect us sellers during Int'l shipping?

Certificate of Mailing, Registered Mail, Return Receipt?

I am peronally sending two int'l packages, not ebay related. One is about $70 worth of small items to Malaysia to an unconfirmed address. The other is $20 worth of items to Bosnia.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.