Using paypal from outside the US

emachicado
New Community Member

Hi, I've been using pay pal with my regular American bank accounts for 4 years now with no problems. Recently I've been wondering if it's possible to add funds to Pay Pal with a bank account I just recently opened In Bolivia. Also, I've been working as a volunteer for a small non profit and we are looking for options to raise funds through the internet... Is it possible to collect money through the Website Payments Standard Integration down here In Bolivia? In other words, if the non profit has a bank account here In Bolivia, would it be possible to receive money/donations through pay pal and have the money go to that account?

Thanks a lot for your help

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

skier
Advisor
Advisor

At the present time according to this information you can use a credit card to send funds to anyone in the PayPal Network however, it appears you cannot use a bank account.

As for your 2nd question, residents of Boliva have limited PayPal features, basically you are limited to either making a purchase or sending funds.   Best you can do is experiment with your account to see what features are presently available.  For example, if you don't see the option for using the online button creator, then you will not be able to generate the donation button code you have in mind. 

Select "Edit Profile" or "Profile"
Under "Selling Preferences"
Look for "Create New Button"

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.