Using Paypal Acct (and not debit card) to pay for subscription

sparro
Contributor
Contributor

I just signed up for a Paypal debit card and it now seems as if I can only pay for items utilizing my linked non-Paypal debit card. I dont mind having my accounts linked, but how do I pay for something using only the funds in my Paypal account? Or...am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

eightmile313
Contributor
Contributor

Well it seems as if i was heading in the same direction your in now. instead i havent given paypal a credit card yet. and it seems in order for me to get one red cent i have to provide a credit card. so what the money is mine, i have to link more finance to the account in order to see what i already have. There has to be some change somewhere. Maybe move on to the next online services, im investigating.

Login to Me Too

sparro
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response. I agree...there has to be a better way. Frankly, why have a PayPal account with money in it if you cant use the money in it.

Anyone know how to change? Or again, is it me?

Thank you

Login to Me Too

painperdu
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. I can't access the money in my paypal account for offline purchases. I transfered a large amount of money to paypal thinking that I'd be able to use it just like my bank debit card but it doesn't seem to work like that. I think I'll just forget about Paypal bull**bleep** and rely on my local bank for debit card purchases. Alos, I think I'll be giving Google checkout a serious lokk.

Another thing, how much do Paypal execs make? Maybe they should reduce their salaries in order to hire more customer service agents???

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.