Updating Funding Sources for NSF Notifications - Lacking Critical Information

david5000

Paypal's help section is lacking some much needed critical information. 

I had a $6.99 iTunes charge generate an NSF fee.  I received the email notification and immediately logged into my account to take corrective action.  I updated the recurring the payment  source to hit my account that had funds. 
Thinking this would correct the payment when Paypal processed the payment again in three days.   Being the middle of the week I would not have time to make a bank run and deposit funds in the account that generated the NSF and a transfer from my preferred account to the NSF account would most likely not clear in three days time.

Well guess what.  Paypal rams it through on the same funding source  a few days later.  

Now I'm in the hole $50 for a $6.99 iTunes purchase.  Really great. 

IF you plan to leave this little bit of info undocumented for the users you are going to have some seriously annoyed people, like me.   

You MUST make it clear in the NSF notification that updating the funding source through the lousy web site will not resolve the NSF.  The ONLY OPTION IS TO ADD FUNDS TO THE ACCOUNT ORIGINALLY DRAFTED. 
This needs to be made clear.  In your help sections current state IT IS NOT. 

Also, when a user is updating their funding source you need to let them know that this will not affect any transactions in process due to NSF.  PERIOD.   

I only learn this after I have now lost $50.00 for a $6.99 purchase. 
So, I'm out $50.00.  Paypal has lost a customer.    

If your CS Reps know this as well as your Account Managers (who are quire rude BTW), then please tell me why your customers do not?    

Why not offer the option to allow the user to manually correct this by allowing them to select another funding source? 
Does that just make too much sense?  

Why not alert the customer as to WHAT SPECIFIC ACTION MUST BE TAKEN TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE. 

The help section is for lack of a better term, "**bleep** poor". 

Since I have been told that there is nothing can be done for me by your rude Account Manager and clueless CSR,  I am left with the only option to not use Paypal going forward.  Situations like this will only happen once.
It was not due to not having the money to resolve the issue or willingness to do so either.   
When you obfuscate an issue like this you hurt your customer financially and drive them away.

How likely is a customer to use your service again for iTunes after something like this happens?   ZERO. 

I won't be using Paypal for any recurring payments going forward.   

I'm going to make sure to share this experience and the complete lack of support from Paypal as well as lack of concern.    I don't expect Paypal to care one bit about this.  

It was made clear to me there is no concern at all over the missing information and how it affects the user. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Elvis58
Contributor
Contributor

Rude & Crude !!! - PayPal Customer Service Lacks a LOT !!

These idiots charged my bank account for my eBay fees!!

When asked how they did that, since my bank info was NOT tied

to PayPal, They replied - "We show that no bank information is on file"

Well DUH! - I NEVER gave it to PayPal ........ now, they want ALL my bank info??

Fat Chance! - after 9 years on eBay, I'm done

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.