Unknown Card Number

Kassurin
New Community Member

On the 28th of March I purchased two items from ebay using Paypal.  I have it set up to where it will directly transfer funds from my bank account to paypal for online purchases.  A day after I made the purchase I checked my bank account online to find that nothing had been deducted.  However, the seller received the money from Paypal and the payment was confirmed.  I then checked my account on Paypal to find that an unknown card number had been used that was active on my account.  Neither my partner or myself own a card that ends in the four digits shown.  I called Paypal support and they suggested I call the bank and delete the card number once the transaction is complete.  I called my bank and they were extremely unhelpful in resolving the problem.

Is there any reason why an unknown card number would appear on my Paypal account?  No one but me has used the account and I have never used any other card on my account.  I am concerned that I am going to be fined for making charges to an account I don't own.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.