Unclaimed payment

Askeptic
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have recently made a payment to a seller and it has been marked as "unclaimed" and has not been claimed for several days now. I have attempted to contact the seller without any response at all.

I was wondering how to cancel this payment as the seller obviously is no longer doing business, although Paypal allowed for the transaction to take place from a shopping cart. There is no cancel button and getting help from Paypal is not easy.

I am starting to see a trend across the Internet regarding Paypal and fraud. Any help with canceling this transaction and receiving my full payment back would be helpful.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

acohn
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Askeptic,

You may cancel a payment if it was sent to an unregistered PayPal account. Here's how:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click "History" at the top of the page.
  3. Find the payment you'd like to cancel.
  4. Click "Cancel" in the Action column of the Unclaimed transaction.
  5. Click "Cancel Payment."

Please note: If your payment has been sent to an active PayPal account but has an "Unclaimed" status, the cancel button won't be available. In this situation, your payment will automatically cancel after 30 days in an "Unclaimed" status. The money will then automatically be credited back to the funding source you used to make the payment (credit card, PayPal account, etc.). If you need your payment cancelled sooner, the recipient can deny the payment through their PayPal account and your money will be returned. You may contact the recipient directly and request this.

If your payment has a "Completed" status, the recipient will need to refund your payment through their PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.