Unable to update tracking numbers

junegreger
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have done this many times in the past, but lately every time I try to add tracking information I receive a server error message.  Has anyone else had this issue?

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

RFrank1234
New Community Member

This is definitely their problem. 

I went to a friend's house (their computer and their network) and tried to log on and update information thinking it might be my fault and I got the same error. 

They have never used paypal before, so cookies is not a valid excuse.

Login to Me Too

TeddyBear
Contributor
Contributor

I used 4 different computers at my University and got the same result. 500 Error message for all. This is really **bleep** me off. Stupid PayPal.Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

JamesNewton
Contributor
Contributor
The status of the problem changed to "Pending Fix" as of 0600 this am. Maybe they will correct it soon... a week later.
Login to Me Too

Waldo
Contributor
Contributor

I have found that adding USPS tracking numbers for international shipments works, but doing the same for US shipments does not.  I've also noticed that some USPS tracking numbers for the US have more digits than in the past, whereas international numbers are unchanged.  Maybe USPS made a change and PayPal didn't get the memo?

Login to Me Too

JamesNewton
Contributor
Contributor
I'm pretty sure the problem is with specific transactions and has nothing to do with the code or shipper. On the transactions where I see the problem, I've tried to put in several different types of tracking codes, for several different shippers and the error is the same. On another transaction, I was able to update the USPS domestic shipping information, so it isn't all domestic USPS.
Login to Me Too

SoCal5_0

Paypal Needs To Look Into This Problem. How Can We Run A Business Without Emailing Customers Their Tracking Numbers? I Had This Problem Occur Many Times Today. It Is Getting Annoying!

Login to Me Too

thezkitten
New Community Member

same here, but it's with all the orders I'm trying to update (postage printed via stamps.com)

every single one gives me a "Internal Server Error" looking for my phone to call and ask someone whats up

Login to Me Too

dirtyrice
New Community Member

I'm not able to update tracking numbers OR to marked as shipped. I get the same 500 Internal Server Error message on every transaction after that has occurred after 2/8/2010. I've tried clearing the cache and cannot mark/add tracking with two browsers and two different computers.

Login to Me Too

Daaku026
New Community Member

This is really getting ridiculous.  I have huge payments which are getting delayed because I can't add the tracking info.  I even went to the shipping website and it says delivered, but I can't add the tracking info so "PayPal doesn't know that it's been sent."  BS.  And customer support is useless.  I don't get any replies from email, and I'm always "waiting for the next representative" on the phone.

McDonalds has better customer service.

Login to Me Too

JamesNewton
Contributor
Contributor
@Daaku026, yeah, but Mc D's isn't the only burger joint in town... PayPal's defacto monopoly makes them cocky. That will last until someone else provides a better service. Google could easily add shipping to their Google checkout service and I would be there immediately. They appear to have everything else: Shopping cart or buttons, very reasonable payment processing, deposit the fund directly in your bank automatically, etc... not sure if they allow people to pay without joining up... but then Google is another monopoly so they will have problems as well. In time all this will settle out as more options become available. I heard back from support that they have a fix, but are not sure when it will be through testing and actually applied. Hopefully this will be fixed soon and then the programmers can go back to adding correct shipping prices and options for Priority Mail flat rate boxes and so on.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.