Unable to get refund

ushosting
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is supporting illegal activity.    I ordered a DVD set of the program 7 Days.  I received a burned set of DVDs - everyone knows you can't legally make pirated copies of things and sell them.    While I really didn't receive the item, i.e., the genuine set of DVDs, paypal's reason for not giving me a refund was that I was objecting to the quality of the item and paypal doesn't cover that.  If I simply stated I didn't receive the item, who knows what they would have said.

The reason I state that Paypal is supporting illegal activity is because there is a box to check for pirated or bootlegged goods.   Therefore, paypal knows this is going on and support the sellers in the process.   I don't think it is right.  I would sue the seller, but it turns out the seller is out of Canada.

Paypal should be ashamed of itself.     And yes, the guaranteee is really worthless

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

All a seller has to do is send an empty box and and the person would not be entitled to a refund.

Correct and it's been done.  Usually, the seller gets nailed because the shipping weight is wrong for the item.

You're not going to get a perfect system - there will always be holes that crooks can exploit.  But it works more often than it doesn't work - that's why so many people use it.

Have you appealed the decision by calling Paypal?  I forgot.

Login to Me Too

ushosting
Contributor
Contributor

I actually filed based on "not as described" and checked the fraudulent product box which paypal has.   Couldn't have been any clearer than that for paypal to issue a refund.  See my original post

Login to Me Too

BoomDogg
New Community Member

I don't know what's going on. I decided to give PayPal the benefit of the doubt but as always will side with the marketer paying for their services. It's just business...I just had got a cheap shot to the gutt but all is not lost. I will definitely think twice about using this service. As a service tech I trusted it because I seriously thought my purchases were safe through this system, but guess what...they're not! If you guys don't get your stuff go to your bank and reverse the charges. That's all there is to it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.