UPS labels printing in the middle of two labels on the sheet?

sardogie
Contributor
Contributor

I use UPS shipping labels that are two to a sheet.  UPS labels have been printing on the top one.  To print another label, I turn the sheet around and it worked fine.  Now the labels are printing out in the middle, taking up both labels on the sheet and are unusable as peeling off the labels results in two halves of a label.  My printer settings haven't changed.  Any ideas about how to print two to a sheet again?

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

SketchyTech
New Community Member

Same exact thing happens to me.  There are no preferences for UPS labels that I can see either.

Login to Me Too

srd43542
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem, anyone have a solution

Login to Me Too

sardogie
Contributor
Contributor

I've had the same problem but Saturday (12-26-09) the lable printed on top of the page, where it is supposed to print. 

Login to Me Too

srd43542
Contributor
Contributor

I have a work around that works.

After you click pay and print a preview window opens with a orange print button.

Before hitting the print button select (highlight) accross the top of the label.

Then when you hit print choose "selection" and it will print at the top of a 8 1/2" x 11" 2 label sheet 

Login to Me Too

BlueOrchidMods
Contributor
Contributor

@srd43542 wrote:

I have a work around that works.

After you click pay and print a preview window opens with a orange print button.

Before hitting the print button select (highlight) accross the top of the label.

Then when you hit print choose "selection" and it will print at the top of a 8 1/2" x 11" 2 label sheet 

This didn't work for me. I had my doubts and I was right.  I think the only to get around this is to either print it to Adobe Acrobat and make a PDF that you can edit or...

On the screen where you see the label, Press Alt - PrintScreen together.

Paste the picture in to MSPAINT.

Then crop out the label part and paste that in to MS Word or another word processing program. 

The UPC is not as clear as if it were to be printed straight from the program, but it works. 

I also adjusted the margins in Word and made my label picture bigger so it stretches from the left to the right margin.

I'll be dropping my package off at the UPS store and I"ll ask him to scan it to make sure.  I'm also bringing a print out of the label that showed up in the middle of the sheet just in case the UPS store person says it won't scan so I can apply a label that does scan.

I hope all this made sense. I only ship UPS once in a while, all my other shipments are with USPS.

David

www.BlueOrchidMods.com

Login to Me Too

traveler1932
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, and thanks for your input.

I just discovered--a few hours ago--that my problem was the FireFox browser.  If you are in fact using FF, be sure to update it, as it seems to be corrected in the latest update, that I just installed.  Otherwise, if using FF, maybe try Internet Explorer, or Safari to print labels.

Login to Me Too

BlueOrchidMods
Contributor
Contributor

I am using IE 8 and Windows 7.  I'll give FF a try next time.

Thanks

David

www.BlueOrchidMods.com

Login to Me Too

srd43542
Contributor
Contributor

I have used the PRINT SELECTION method probally 50 times now, works just fine for me

Login to Me Too

BlueOrchidMods
Contributor
Contributor

Are you using any other third party app that such as screen scraper?

Simply highlighting text or a picture does not generate a printer command.

I have a suspision you have something installed from before that is assisting with this process.

Don't be offended, we are all just trying to get a solution to work.

Has anyone else gotten "srd43542's" method to work?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.