UPS labels printing in the middle of two labels on the sheet?

sardogie
Contributor
Contributor

I use UPS shipping labels that are two to a sheet.  UPS labels have been printing on the top one.  To print another label, I turn the sheet around and it worked fine.  Now the labels are printing out in the middle, taking up both labels on the sheet and are unusable as peeling off the labels results in two halves of a label.  My printer settings haven't changed.  Any ideas about how to print two to a sheet again?

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

BlueOrchidMods
Contributor
Contributor

FYI:

Copying the image to MSPAINT and then to MS Word didn't work. Although the label looks good, the UPC bars aren't crisp enough for the laser barcode scanner to read it.

I'm still searching for how to print a UPS label at the top instead of in the middle.

I also tried in FireFox and didn't have any luck.

David

BlueOrchidMods.com

@BlueOrchidMods wrote:

@srd43542 wrote:

I have a work around that works.

After you click pay and print a preview window opens with a orange print button.

Before hitting the print button select (highlight) accross the top of the label.

Then when you hit print choose "selection" and it will print at the top of a 8 1/2" x 11" 2 label sheet 

This didn't work for me. I had my doubts and I was right.  I think the only to get around this is to either print it to Adobe Acrobat and make a PDF that you can edit or...

On the screen where you see the label, Press Alt - PrintScreen together.

Paste the picture in to MSPAINT.

Then crop out the label part and paste that in to MS Word or another word processing program. 

The UPC is not as clear as if it were to be printed straight from the program, but it works. 

I also adjusted the margins in Word and made my label picture bigger so it stretches from the left to the right margin.

I'll be dropping my package off at the UPS store and I"ll ask him to scan it to make sure.  I'm also bringing a print out of the label that showed up in the middle of the sheet just in case the UPS store person says it won't scan so I can apply a label that does scan.

I hope all this made sense. I only ship UPS once in a while, all my other shipments are with USPS.

David

www.BlueOrchidMods.com

Login to Me Too

traveler1932
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem, and it's been driving me crazy (more so than normal, anyway!)  While I am not happy others are having this trouble also, I am glad to know it isn't just my printers!  Have tried on 3 different ones, same thing each time.  C'mon,  USPS or PayPal, or whoever, what's going on?

Login to Me Too

jobshopr
Contributor
Contributor

1. Use IE 8

2. Use the arrow next to the printer icon to choose Print Preview from the drop down.

3. Change "shrink to fit" to 100%

4. There are margin arrow on the left side of the page preview. Drag the bottom one down as far as it will go and then drag the upper one down to make the label move to the bottom of the page.

5. Print (choose the option to print just one page)

I have been doing this for years and it works great.

I like the Firefox options also listed in this thread, but I work out of IE all day since we have many M$ apps here.

Ed

Login to Me Too

DiscoDoll
Contributor
Contributor

From your File menu in your browser, choose the Print Preview option. Here, you kind of need to manually adjust things so that the label will print on just one side. This is what I did (I hope this works next time!).

In Print Preview, make sure you're in Portrait and your scale is at 100%. In the Page Setup option there, uncheck all the Headers & Footers (unless you want that) so they are blank. The Margins don't seem to matter, so leave those alone.

Then, click Print, BUT print only PAGE 2. For some reason (UPS needs to fix this), their label design encompasses the entire other half of the page. So, just print the page you need.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.