UPS insurance cap probelm and delivery signature confirmation

efh01603
New Community Member

PayPal will not generate a shipping label when specifying an insurance value that is equal to the amount of the eBay auction.  The error indicates the insured value exceeds the allowable limit.  This makes no sense and I should be able  to purchase any amount of insurance up to or equal to the auction value. 

While I can go to UPS and ship direct, and purchase the correct amount of insurance, I do not know how to enter the shipping data into PayPal, such that the money being held my Payal for the item is released to me when the delivery is signed for.  Although the funds are in my account , they will not be released to me for my use until the buyer provides feedback or delivery is confirmed.  If I could PayPal to generate the shipping label, I would be able to specify the delivery confirmation, but since PayPal won't generate the label, there is no method for PayPal to know of the delivery.  In the particular case of this auction, the buyer is studying overseas, but I am shipping to his home here in the USA.  He will not return home for several months to inspect the items and provide feedbak,, and I do not want to have PayPal sit on the money.

Is there a way for me to go to the UPS store, ship the items with the correct insurance, and get the delivery confirmation back into the PayPal system so that the funds can be released?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Yes - on the selling details page, just under the box where it says, "shipped" that you check off, there's a link to post the DC number.

Then, when it has been delivered, find the line in your Paypal account main sheet - there should be a button or a link there to report confirmation of delivery.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

As far as the insurance business goes, Paypal is allowed to set any limit on the insurable amount that it wants.

You won't get anywhere protesting that, sorry.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.