UPS Shipping - Cannot process label - Contact information does not match?

ZepDad
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a long time ebay/PayPal user.  The UPS shipping labels have always worked fine in the past.  Granted I don't ship a lot of items but I'm trying to print a lable today and get the following message:

"The contact information you submitted does not match the information on file for your UPS account. Either update your UPS account information by visiting www.ups.com or update the information below."

I verified everything is correct on PayPal.  There was nothing to update.  I went to ups.com but am not even registered with them.  With nothing else to try I registered online using the UPS account number assigned by PayPal.  It recognized the account number and pulled in all info that matched my PayPal account setup.  I was even able to create the shipping label directly from UPS with no immediate payment (I think they send a paper bill monthly).

Very strange.  What do I need to do to resynch PayPal and UPS?  I'd much rather use the PayPal system because it autopopulates the recipient address.  And I like to pay as I go.         

Thanks for any help.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

RayKremer
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks guys, removing and readding the account did it. Not sure if this is some system-wide mess up or if it finally noticed that the UPS account I'm using isn't in my name (it's in my mother's name actually, the account is for our small business that is unrelated to my eBay activities).

Login to Me Too

RedWhite
New Community Member

Hi

I have deleted the account and it worked. The problem is that now I was charged $24 for a package while on www.ups.com I would have paid just $16.

This **bleep** big time!

Login to Me Too

z_scapes
Contributor
Contributor

This blo's I got the same error. I've tried contacting UPS and paypal, customer services BOOOOOOOOO! I tried the instructions here , removing my account number and pasting back into the field, and was told my account number exceeded the carachter limit for the field? I had to close my account and setup a new acount. when I did this I lost my discounted rate, now I have to wait 4-8 days for updated rate information. I ship 8-10 packages a week and this is going to hurt my profit. I'm going to look into a fed-ex account next.

Login to Me Too

brucew6char
New Community Member

I was able to get the UPS link to work. I removed my account, then told paypal to use an existing account and check agree to stuff. I ignored the fact that it said it would take 4 - 6 days before it would be set up. Worked immediately.

Thanks for tips.

Login to Me Too

500sales

I think this is a marketing ploy gone bad.  It tricks you into making UPS a perfered carried and/or visit the ups website.  I'l let my friends at FedEx know... 

Login to Me Too

500sales

Really bad customer experience on this.  I've switched my default account to USPS.   It works better and in most cases gets there faster for less money. 

PayPal should have sloved this problem for it's customers.  Instead they just left it up to them to figure it out.  Nice.

Login to Me Too

thotfulspot
Contributor
Contributor

This is really getting old. I've changed address, canceled ups account, and anything else I can think of. The worst part is USPS works fine. If I could trust them in Chicago I'd use them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.