U.S. Postal Service's recommended address

ligart
Contributor
Contributor

I get the following message when printing a label to a user with an incorrectly-formatted address:

> Please note, the shipping address is different from the U.S. Postal Service's recommended address.

> (e.g.) Mt Pleasant, SC 29464

> We suggest contacting the buyer to confirm their correct shipping address.

This message brings up several issues:

First, PayPal should contact the buyer to confirm their correct shipping address. It is not my responsibility to police other users' data.

Second, the shipping address was marked as "Status: Confirmed address" by PayPal. PayPal should require correct format when the person enters it.

Third, when editing the address to fix it, upon tabbing to "Mt Pleasant", the system automatically corrects it to "Mount Pleasant"! If PayPal already knows the correction they should take care of it themselves.

PayPal should not put the onus on us, the shippers, for what should be their problem to fix.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

itsjustgood
Contributor
Contributor

I agree 100% with you.  I am new to E-Bay,  so I am trying to get my reputation up as fast as I can.  Right off the bat I have the address that I could not print a label.  Yep, Post Office. Didn't like the address pay pal or Ebay had for the customer.  I e-mailed this customer several times, no response. I left messages several times. no reply. Now I have had this package for over a week,  I called my ebay teacher, she said, "mail it to the address that was confirmed, dont use a shipping label, thats about all you can do." I took the package to the Post Office, they tell me that the address is ok, it's just that there is no post office in that town.  ERRRR... I was so mad.    I just knew I was about to get a bad feedback from the customer.  As shippers we should not have to second guess the addresses.

Login to Me Too

k_timberlake
New Community Member

Sooo frustrating!!!  The format that the post office is suggesting makes NO sense, but the confirmed address is just fine.  There should be a way to override this when you actually want to send it with an address slightly different than their suggestion (especially when they're wrong).  I'm afraid that if I send it addressed the way the post office suggests it won't actually get there, but I really prefer to use the printed label with integrated tracking so everyone can easily click and watch the package arrive.  The only way to make money on ebay is to streamline and make the process a routine.  Each time I have to take time out to address a glitch or figure out why something isn't working as it should it eats up time I could be selling things or being with my family, and it frustrates my goal of same day shipping.

Login to Me Too

wortheverycent
New Community Member

Agreed, this is ridiculous. I've never had a problem before, but now it won't allow me to print postage that includes the last four of the zip! This even though the address and zip code provided by the buyer is confirmed on the USPS site itself.

Login to Me Too

fillydazey07
Contributor
Contributor

The label maker says that the zip code of many of my address` are incorrect says the p.o. recommends this other address but it is Exactally the same as the one shown. I take it to P.O. & they verify the address. This is happening more often just lately. I wish I could over ride & still print my label. It is verified by Paypal & ebay. This is a very frustrating problem & I may have to look for another label printing venue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.