Trouble w/ added email

angusboy
Contributor
Contributor

I just added a email to existing paypal account.  Someone has paid a ebay payment to me but the payment is not going into my account.  I received a email saying Paypal is processing the payment but it has not shown up.  I can't contact paypal by phone.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Did you complete the confirmation part of the "add an email" procedure?

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Even if you do confirm the email address, the customer will still have to cancel the original payment and then re-pay you.

Ask the customer to go to his account page and look at the transaction - there should be an "unclaimed"  note or button beside it.

The customer can cancel that payment and then re-pay you when you have things sorted out.

DO NOT cancel your old email until the new one has been added - Paypal sends the confirmation to the old email address and it's all sorts of problems if you can't access that old email account.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@surplusdealdude wrote:

Even if you do confirm the email address, the customer will still have to cancel the original payment and then re-pay you.

The buyer will not need to cancel and resend the payment. The unclaimed payment will become claimed immediately after the seller confirms the receiving email address.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.