Tracking number/confirmation code

Snopro550
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sold an item on craigslist.  I was told to get the confirmation code and/or tracking number and email it to paypal, then the money would go into my account.  I sent the code and I haven't recieved the money.  How long does it usually take to recieve the money?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Login to your PayPal account and check your PayPal account activity page and your PayPal account history page.

If the payment is not displayed on those pages, the payment has not been sent. The "send us the tracking number" scam is a common scam used to trick new sellers into shipping when the buyer has not sent payment and the buyer has no intention of sending payment.

Contact your shipping company to see if they can stop delivery of the shipment.

Login to Me Too

charv3lal
Contributor
Contributor

i received that email too. It's said if i don't give them the tracking # , they will temporarily suspend my account . and so i quickly ship my item and know i haven't received my money or rely from paypal saying anything about my payment.

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Hi All,

I just want to reiterate what sandypurins said. Even if a transaction is pending or on hold you will see the transaction in your PayPal Account History Log.

If you do not see the transaction in your History Log verify that the payment was sent to the correct email address.

I do not recommend shipping your items until you have verified that the payment is displayed in your PayPal Account History Log and that you check the transaction details for the correct shipping address.

For more online safety tips check out the PayPal Security Center here:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_security-center-outside

Amanda

Login to Me Too

charv3lal
Contributor
Contributor

but they said if we don't send them a tracking # , they will temporarily suspend my account, but i have money in my account, if they suspend my account how can i get it out?

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

It's a scam... the buyer has no intention of sending payment. Contact the shipping company to see if you can stop the shipment and have it returned to you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.