This recipient is currently unable to receive money

friztin
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I've created a website for my client and added a paypal button to it. Everything looks perfect until you hit the "If you do not currently have a PayPal account, click here" button or try to login onto your paypal account to pay. I get this message:

This recipient is currently unable to receive money.

This is the first time I set up a paypal button on a website, did I do soemthing wrong? The client paypal account has already been verified and he has the bank account all set up. Why is this happening? How can I fix it? Smiley Surprised

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

skier
Advisor
Advisor

What type of PayPal Account does your client have?   Personal, Premier or Business.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

friztin
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, it is a business account.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Assuming the clients PayPal email address is verified and his or hers PayPal Account is also verified, are you using "hosted" item button code or non-hosted clear text item button code?   Hosted item button code defauts to using the primary verified PayPal Account email address whereas non-hosted clear text item button can use any verified email address registed with the PayPal Account.  In this case, if you have a type-o in the email address, you can have an error.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

friztin
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thanks for your fast response.

I'm not really sure what you mean (sorry for my noobness). I used the button from the paypal website, created with the button creation form/tool. I can see that the paypal payment page shows my client's header (which I created and added myself from his paypal account), so I'm pretty  sure the email is fine. Is there anything else that can be wrong?

Login to Me Too

friztin
Contributor
Contributor

😞 No typos, just re-checked... please help... (and thanks in advance)

Login to Me Too

northernlights
Contributor
Contributor

Fritztin,

If you stop back in... can you please let me know if your problem was ever resolved, and if so.. how?

I also won a "BIN" auction and have been attempting to pay for it for 2 days now, but just keep getting a message when I try to use Paypal of:

"Recipient unable to receive money"

I went over to the community forum on ebay and asked if there was anyone with suggestions, and all I get is *chriping crickets*

I've never been late paying on an auction.... EVER.... so this is really frustrating, especially since no one seems to know why it's happening.

I keep e-mailing the seller with -0- results.      I'll attempt to locate her contact info through the Ebay system in the morning.

In the meantime though, if you (or anyone) has figured out why this happens, can you please share your info?

Thanks so much guyz!!

Login to Me Too

friztin
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

Yes, I solverd it by recreating teh paypal button. I hadused a custom image which was hosted on a different server where the website wit the button was. So I uploaded the image to the web server and edited the URL in the button and it worked.

As for paying a seller, maybe you can try sending the payment using his/her email address instead of the button, and adding a note so he/she knows it is for the won item...

Login to Me Too

northernlights
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response Friztin.

For some reason, this seller is impossible to get a hold of.    I went through ebay this morning and obtained her contact info.    When I called her number, I received a recording saying that "the subscriber is not receiving messages at this time."

In all the years I've been a member of ebay, I've never come across anyone who I couldn't pay or anyone who I couldn't contact..

What's even stranger is that she still has 4 items up for sale under the "Buy it Now" function.   Hopefully no one will buy from her until she gets whatever her situation is resolved!

Do you (or anyone who happens to drop in) know what the best method to contact ebay and report these problems to?   I've never had to contact them before!   Smiley Surprised

Thanks again for all the assistance!  ~~ Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.