This card cannot be used for this transaction.

goyboy
New Community Member

Sir, I am a New Verified Premier PayPal Account holder. My issue is that "I am trying to make payment for a item on www.ebay.com for the last 2 days but, I didnt succed in doing the payment. I am getting a message as:

" This card cannot be used for this transaction. You can complete the checkout with another debit or credit card. Please enter your new card information below."

I also tried the other way by loging in to my paypal account & than the Checkout Method, it also gives the same message.

My Credit Card has not Expired & it also has sufficient funds in it to make the payment through.

Kindly help me.

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Did you complete the link and confirm procedure for your card?

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

The PayPal Help Center states...

How do I confirm a debit or credit card that I've linked to my PayPal account?

After you’ve added your card number, we need to verify that you own the card on your account. Here’s how:

Authorize PayPal to use your card to send a code to you

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
       2. Click Profile.
       3. Click Credit/Debit Cards under Financial Information.
       4. Click Link and Confirm My Card.
       5. Click Save and Continue.

Locate the code on your card statement

1. PayPal will charge $1.95 to your card.  (We’ll credit this amount to your PayPal account within 30 days.)
       2. The charge will appear on your debit or credit card statement along with a 4-digit code and the word PayPal.
       3. If you view your card statements online, you can check for the code in a few days. Otherwise, check for the code when you receive your next statement in the mail.

Confirm your card by entering the code

1. Have your 4-digit PayPal code ready.
       2. Log in to your PayPal account.
       3. Click Profile.
       4. Click Credit/Debit Cards under Financial Information.
       5. Click Link and Confirm My Card.
       6. Enter the 4-digit PayPal code.
       7. Click Submit.

Login to Me Too

Heather
Contributor
Contributor

When I try to confirm my credit card I do not get the options that are posted above?

When I log into paypal and click on profile I do not get an option that says "Financial Information"

I get 4 options....

Add or Edit Email

Add or Edit Bank Account

Add or Edit Credit Card

Add or Edit Street Address

I clicked on "Add or Edit Credit Card

And got these options....

Edit

Remove

Complete Verification

I clicked on "Complete Verification"

There was no mention of verifying my credit card the only optiion was to "Add and Confirm Bank Account"

???????

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Are you a USA PayPal member? If not, which country is your PayPal account country?

Login to Me Too

Heather
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there.

I am in Canada.

I can see the USA from my balcony though Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Heather, This thread is getting confusing... are you member goyboy who is the OP (original poster) of this thread, or... are you having the exact same issue as the OP in that you can't use your linked credit card?

The PayPal rules for USA members are not the same as the rules for Canadian members or UK members, and... they're a lot different for most other countries.

The verified term for USA members refers to adding a bank account... the verified term for many other countries refers to the link and confirm credit card procedure.

Login to Me Too

Heather
Contributor
Contributor

No I am not the op just a different person with the same problem.

I had started my own thread on this subject last thursday but no one posted to it.

So when I saw this thread had a response I tried to follow your instructions.

I will just assume I have to add a Bank account.

Thank you for your response.

Login to Me Too

RokSAN

I have  the same problem!

"This card cannot be used for this transaction. You can complete the checkout with another debit or credit card. Please enter your new card information below."

I'm from Slovenia and I us PayPal Slovenia.

How can I Pay on eBay and solve this problem which is bothering me!

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Roxan, start a seprate dicussion on this, please.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.