Thank You Page

MoneyBags72
Contributor
Contributor

After payments are processed paypal is not returning to my custom thank you page. If i click the return to merchant store button it goes to my sites homepage instead of the thank you page url i setup in the advanced options. Anyone have any ideas what im missing?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

skier
Advisor
Advisor

You must first enable Auto Return in your Account Profile, then your item button code will default to the URL that is listed there or will use the URL that you use in the Advanced Section.

Select "Edit Profile"
Under "Selling Preferences"
Select "Website Payment Preferences"
Note first option - Select "On" - Auto Return for Website Payments
Enter the Return URL.
Click "Save."

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

MoneyBags72
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Skier for the reply. I already have "Auto Return" on and the url set but Im still i getting  returned to my homepage instead. Any other ideas? Ive been battling this for a few weeks now.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Assuming you are not trying to return any data with the URL.

And if I understand how you have things setup so far:

You have Auto Return enabled within your Account Profile.

You have a URL set in Step 3 - Take customers to this URL when they finish checkout.

Next, also in Step 3, in the box under Add Advanced Variables, enter the following in the box:

rm=1

Note, There's no HTML extras, just the name of the variable, an equal sign and the value.

Resave your code, exit your Account.  Then delete your web browser's cookies, close the browser, reopen it and retry your item button code.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

MoneyBags72
Contributor
Contributor

Still no go. I added the variables in the advance section and cleared the cookies. I still get the button ion the center of the page asking to return to my site but it still brings me to the homepage it doesnt automatically return.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Sounds like you have something else going on.   Need to see what's happening.  Can you provide a URL to the web page that has the item button code?

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

MoneyBags72
Contributor
Contributor

Sure heres the link with the button http://microfixx.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51

Heres the link i want to return to after processing.  http://microfixx.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=73

Could it be because the page in the second link is in a wrapper thats causing the problem?

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Thanks for the links.   Yes, I'd say it's possible.  The Auto Return URL is pretty straight forward thing.  Suggest trying another URL to see what happens.  Keep it simple.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

MoneyBags72
Contributor
Contributor

I used the same page as the paypal button to return to and it still returns to the main page. Im just stumped.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

No problem.   As I've been doing this stuff for a few years with no issues, it would seem to me that there is something very simple we seem to be missing.   At this point, there's been enough "free" time invested in this issue.   Sometimes, another set of eyes is worth the investment.   Perhaps, a Developer would work, you can find a list of them here.   This is the type of work these folks do for a living.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.