Some comments on the sucky money holding policy...

FES_Auto
New Community Member
  1. PayPal needs to display what is cleared balance, and what balance will be released on what day.
  2. All of my transactions are not connected to eBay. Most of them are payments from distribution channels that I regularly do business with. There should be no hold on regular relationships like this.
  3. If there is a hold on some of my money, why does the transfer to bank show the total account balance instead of the cleared balance?
  4. If tracking information is entered, paypal ought to automate clearing the balance when something gets registered as delivered.

Overall, this whole thing **bleep** big time. And to make it worse, it's a very bad implamentation that doesn't let me see anything about when and how much of my funds are locked up and when they will be released if there is no customer response or input. I understand protecting the customer, but really, most customers don't mark anyuthing as recieved after they get their stuff, so all this ends up as is a 21 day escrow. If PayPal is going to do that, I want 4% interest on the money. Not some measly insignificant interest rate while PayPal banks the interest rate difference.

I'm not happy and will be looking for different solutions.

FES LLC

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

phoenixnrain
New Community Member

COMPLETELY agree on paragraph 4. and onwards........

Login to Me Too

Speeddog
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is not a bank. They are a processor period. Nothing else, a third party. So if a third party removes ownership control of something of value. (like someone walks up and grabs your wallet). Isn't the holding policy the same as theft?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.