Some Options to the ridiculous 21 day hold.

cs32cj23
Contributor
Contributor

I, like hundred's even thousands of others am past my limit with this ridiculous policy. I started a topic months ago "IM not going to ship items until the hold is released". Well since then horror stories have poured in, I get at least 20 responses a day on it, Papal acting like the SS Storm Troopers of the virtual void and freezing accounts as a result of speaking up, complaining about this policy. Well it appears paypal has no intention at all of changing this policy. Why should they? The greedy big-wigs sit back and collect millions in interest every single DAY on our money that they hold until a lazy or inconsiderate buyer decides to leave positive feedback. Or 21 days, whichever comes first. If you notice though, Papal takes their fees out right away.

I went with First Data Merchant Services to accept credit cards, They give you a free online shopping cart, a terminal to process credit cards, and a few other really cool perks. They charge 2.19% + .25 cents per transaction. It is sent directly to your account. THEN you send the item. Like the rest of the normal world. You want something, you pay for it, it gets sent to you. For f**ks sake, it is such BS. And I have had it. There is a class action lawsuit being filed against Paypal, they are violating the Electronic Funds Transfer Act. Since they aren't a bank, they don't have to follow any of the regulations that financial institutions have to follow if they are holding your money.

I truly hope that some day Papal comes to their senses, its not fair and not right. WE have the power in numbers as consumers, but we have to act and unite to bring them to their knees. They obviously are not concerned with customer satisfaction. I for one will not use Pay pal as soon as I can make the transition. Not for selling. Let me know what you think!

Login to Me Too
176 REPLIES 176

madjen
Contributor
Contributor

That is an excellent suggestion! I too am moving to ebids and google

check out on the 1st of January (2nd). Ebay and paypal will only

feel the hurt we feel if a large enough number of sellers bail.

Login to Me Too

akeddins
Contributor
Contributor

I just had my ebay and auctiva fees overdrafted from my checking account because my funds in paypal are on hold, but the took the money from my checking that was attached.I had to cover overdraft fees in about the same amount that they have on hold. I'M DEFINATELY ONBOARD WITH  MOVE TO EBID AND GOOGLE CHECKOUT as suggested. I'm taking my three children and boyfriend, who all have their own ebay and paypal accounts. Can't get is closed quick enough at this point. See you there!

Login to Me Too

madjen
Contributor
Contributor

Ebids does have a U.S. based one. I found it when I went there. Can't afford it until Jan and they have a special price until Jan 5.

This is all illegal what they are doing, it will hurt a lot of people in

the long run and it makes absolutely makes no sense. One of

the things they told me was they are doing it to avoid sellers

from ripping off buyers. hahahahaha, most sellers are great from

what I've seen. I have been ripped off a few times and the biggest

problem with that is ebay and paypal don't give you refunds when

it happens!!!!! They ARE their own problem!

Login to Me Too

invictafied
Contributor
Contributor

Hit the nail right on the head.

Login to Me Too

plfriday
Contributor
Contributor

I have registered on Artfire, which is $12 a month with unlimited listings, and Etsy, which costs $.20  per listing for 4 months at a time.  The percentages paid to the site are lower, and you can use RME (Revolution Money Exchange) as well as other payment options.  I like the community feel of the smaller sites.  The business practices are a thousand percent better as well. 

As a note, the money I get from Etsy is not placed on hold when I make a sale there.  It's only the Ebay sales that they apply the hold to.

friday_bears

Login to Me Too

Louisajr7676
Contributor
Contributor

Using another Ebay type site to sell is foolish. Every one knows E Bay, and that is why we are stuck with them.

Login to Me Too

rmc
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Louisajr7676, I am speaking for our company and not other people on the post but we are absolutely leaving we refuse to be Stuck with anyone, as we said in an earlier post we had our new year listing ready to go for 2010 and we have not listed a single one on ebay, they are all up or are in the process of being listed  now on other sites and of course on our main estores. And I must say they are selling and in some cases with no listing fees and certainly our funds are not being manipulated.

The reality of this situation is...........If and when you become willing to allow a person or any entity to take advantage of you because it's not convenient to make a stand, in my humble opinion  one looses many precious things in the process that I am not willing to loose. Additionally and just as important, we are in business to make a profit and the math in that regard doesn't work here any longer. In reference to your comment about being foolish, Since when has the American entrepreneurial spirit become foolish, this is what makes America strong and prosperous. Fundamentally,  good business judgment includes protecting and growing your assets, ebay/paypal's  current activities are diametrically opposed to that basic business philosophy. Just a thought, and I may be alone in that thought but I really don't think so. Also just one last thing, concerning your comment "Every one knows E Bay", I think you are correct, however,  we do not like what we have come to know.

Login to Me Too

madjen
Contributor
Contributor

To rmc, I am totally with you! I have not listed on ebay and I will not! There

are other places to go. I finally decided on ebids, they are 2nd behind ebay

and something tells me they will be 1st within the year.

ebay has called me and sent me emails encouraging me to return and

reopen my store, no way will I! As you said you cannot allow a company

to treat you badly and if you do, then its your problem. If they get away with

this, they will do more dastardly things. They had already raised the rates

so high, it was difficult for me to make a profit. But I hung in there because

I had a excellent history with them. There was absolutely NO reason for them

to hold my funds and other sellers funds and they **bleep**ed up my Christmas

and didn't care at all.

Login to Me Too

madjen
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't use a cuss word and they bleeped me, from now on I

might as well cuss like a sailor. Big brother is alive and well!

Login to Me Too

rmc
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks madjen!, sounds like we have the same basic situation. Thanks also for the info on ebids, we have not tried there to date but we will now. I think you are exactly correct about the other site's business growing over the next year, our loyalty to ebay helped them build their enterprise and our business will help another site as well. Also we are very Sorry about your Christmas, I know several people  that had to deal with this at Christmas,  very unfair and just  wrong on every level. We pray things go very well for you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.