Shipping to a dorm address

probe71991
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to use my PayPal with StarCityGames, but because I live in a dorm, buying online is a major hassle.

At the current rate, the item will be sold out in three weeks max. The package must be signed, but I am not able to go home for another month and a half. That means I have to order now, and have it shipped to my campus mailbox (the housing office handles signing). However, my campus address is not a "Confirmed address". It's like PayPal is saying, "Ha ha, you're living in a dorm and can't drive, so you can't use our service."

Is there anything I can do so that I can buy from on-campus?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

skier
Advisor
Advisor

You need to understand how PayPal works.

The requirement for having a Confirmed Address is imposed by the Seller, not by PayPal.   PayPal offers this option however, it is not a requirement.   It's the Seller who either opts to turn this feature on or off.   Many Sellers will enable this option for their own protection.   Your statement:  "It's like PayPal is saying, "Ha ha, you're living in a dorm and can't drive, so you can't use our service."  , is totally unfounded.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

probe71991
Contributor
Contributor

Except I'm buying from a website, not an individual person, requiring a confirmed address, so it's not like I have any negotiation possibility or anything.

I do see your point, but it's still inconvenient for anyone living in dorms to confirm their dorm address. After all, how many people set up credit cards linked to their dorm address rather than their home address?

I just wish the "convenience" of PayPal felt more like a "convenience".

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.