Shipping overseas

ronaugus
New Community Member

hello,

I just had sold an item to someone in Italy. t was a Brand new set of Double Bass Strings D'ADDARIO HELICORE HYBRID UPRIGHT BASS STRINGS . The Buyer now says that they weren't as described becaus he said they were Pizzicato strings. Then he opened a dispute with paypal. Now in the dispute he is saying they are also partially used like he is changing his story. I told him to send them back for a full refund. He now wants to settle the dispute through paypal.  I asked, if he does not want to send them back then he should send me pictures of the strings if they are really not as described. He also refuses to do that. It seems he is defrauding me and trying to get money back from me and a new set of Strings. What should I do, and will he win the dispute even if he can't prove that they are not the right strings? I am tempted to escalate the dispute to a claim myself because I think he is trying to pull a fast one on me. Why wouldn't he ship them back. If they are not correct strings, why won't he take pictures to prove they are the wrong ones? I have never mis identified an item and have positve feedback since 2001. This time it seems I am getting taken advantage of agaion.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Respond in the dispute that you will refund after you have received the original items back in their original condition and after you have verified that nthey are yours by viewing your sellers mark.

A sellers mark is something that sellers surreptitiously put on their products, often in ink visible only under black light, to mark them as their own.

You need not reveal that you forgot to put your sellers mark on these items, btw.Smiley Wink

I think the guy is trying to scam you as well - likely, he's trying to exchange his used strings for your new ones.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.