Shipping address SNAFU

mycars
Contributor
Contributor

I have updated my shipping addresses in my profile. All is "clean & correct".

I have made a couple of purchases and been redirected to my PayPal account for payment and shipping.

When this happens, I see "old & outdated" addresses on the list that I have removed or cleaned up long ago.

How do I get to this old corrupted list and clean it up?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Amanda411

Hi mycars,

Are you making purchases from eBay or from another website? If it is from eBay, make sure that your mailing address is updated with eBay as well.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

mycars
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the response Amanda.

I have always made sure of that. The problem arises when I want to buy something online and pay for it thru PayPal shipping it to a "gift" or "other" addressee that IS INDEED listed on my PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

nom
Contributor
Contributor

This happens to me as well, not only when I purchase from eBay, but also when I checkout from any online merchant that accepts Paypal. I believe Paypal is recording past shipping addresses, and presenting ALL of them as choices. These old addresses are NOT in my Paypal profile and I cannot figure out a way to remove them.

EDIT: On second thought, I don't believe this happens to me with eBay. It only happens on other online merchants.

Login to Me Too

MaryNeedsSleep
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem.  Both my eBay and PayPal addresses are completely current and correct.  When I check out with merchants other than eBay, I am offered 3 shipping addresses, 2 of which are old and outdated and nowhere to be found on my account!

Has anyone figured out how to fix this yet?  It's very annoying!

Login to Me Too

twf
Contributor
Contributor

This just happened to me too, I went to order a gift from wal-mart, thought I would see what the "shipping address change" option was about and found an unknown name and address on the list. I chickened out, cancelled the paypal payment and ordered from wal-mart with debit. The name and address doesn't appear under my account preferences.

Login to Me Too

wink48
Contributor
Contributor

I also have the same problem which annoys me greatly...  I have something like 15-16 addresses listed and over half of them are outdated and non-existent.  There are people listed that I shipped to once and I want them also off the listI I want them off the list and I find this very aggravating! 

Login to Me Too

turbogizzmo
Contributor
Contributor

Just happened to me too, of course the item instantly shipped without me noticing......now i play the waiting game if it will be returned to the seller.......

Login to Me Too

nom
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to find a solution. I called Paypal customer service and asked the rep to look up my addresses. She was able to see ALL 10 of my past addresses, even though it only showed 3 of them on my profile.  After confirming that I was not able to remove these old addresses myself, she agreed to delete them for me. She was only able to delete those addresses that were not linked to a credit card. Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

wink48
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for reporting your situation....  I'll call paypal tomorrow.. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.