Shipping Rates

GregF
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to set up a very simple shipping rate structure and it's not behaving as expected. The structure is: Shipping for the first item on an order is $7.95 and all subsequent items are $4.95 each. In the shipping calculator, I set up:

1 - 1 $7.95

2 and up $4.95

When I add more than one item to the cart, shipping stays at $4.95. I've read through some posts here and it seems that this is a recurring issue. Am I missing something or is this not a structure that PayPal can handle?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Assuming you have a US PayPal Account, you can setup a shipping method based on item quantity.  This is explained in PayPal's Website Payments Standard Integration Guide which can be found here.

There are also individual coding tricks one can do that apply to the individual item buttons, not the entire shopping cart.   You can find coding tips and examples here

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

GregF
Contributor
Contributor

From my reading of the Integration Guide, there is no way to multiply the rate by the number of items on an order. The rate for the appropriate range of items is simply added to the order total. And if you set the rule ($7.95 for the first item, $4.95 for each additional item) on a per-button basis, then $7.95 would be charged for the first of each item on the order. Do I have that right?

BTW, skier, do you answer every question on this forum? You do a great job.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Thanks.   I try to help the folks that have legit practical questions.  

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.