Shipping -- Format for csv or tab flat file import?

bobhumbug
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone direct me to where I can find a nicely definite format for the csv & tab flat file import for creating multiple entries for shipping?  The directions are vague at best, and I'd rather not have to guess by trial and error.

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

mycommerce
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to know this also - can't find any documentation anywhere?? I found how to import a CSV - but there's no direction on how to format the file so it is usable on PayPal shipping. Crazy...

Anyone??

Login to Me Too

bobhumbug
Contributor
Contributor

Just fyi, figured this one out on my own: 

If you go a step farther, it tells you which fields are available and lets you map them and save the mapping.

Not ideal from my standpoint, but it sure is flexible.  Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

168and328

Can you share your discoveries?  It would save all of us a lot of grieve.

Login to Me Too

bobhumbug
Contributor
Contributor

Well, those *are* my discoveries.  You'll have to negotiate your own mapping because of the way it's designed.  Just check out which fields are useful to you by walking through the process and then map accordingly.

Login to Me Too

bobhumbug
Contributor
Contributor

Which is really a far superior design for you as a user or if you're on the paypal end of things, it just isn't quite so hot as a small independent application designer, which is the direction I was coming from, thus my grumbling.   🙂

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

When importing CSV (Comma Separated Values) and TSV (Tab Separated Values) files, you need to map content from your file with corresponding columns in the MultiOrder Shipping tool. After selecting a CSV or TSV file on the PayPal MultiOrder Shipping "Import" screen, click on the "Import" button.

The following screen will allow you to map your CSV or TSV file fields (name, address, etc) to the PayPal shipping fields... it will also allow you to save the mapping definition.

The available PayPal Shipping fields are...

First Name
Last Name
Company
Street Address 1
Street Address 2
City
State
Zip Code
Country
Phone Number
Order ID
Item Number
Title
Quantity
Payment Date
Custom Message
Shipping Carrier
Insurance Value

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.