Sent Item...Never got payment!...what can I do?

elle-brell

I have a shop on Etsy. I sold an item to a customer. Due to printer problems, I didn't think I would be able to provide the item in a timely manner. I apologized and refunded the customer's money. The next day, I fixed the problem and messaged the customer asking if they still wanted the item, customer said "yes". I told the customer since I had already refunded the money, they would have to send payment again. Instead of waiting for payment (big mistake) I went ahead and mailed the item...I even paid $18 for 2 day shipping! JUST so the customer would get it in time. After a couple days, I noticed the customer never sent payment. I checked the tracking number and saw that she indeed got the package...even signed for it. I sent a message asking her to please send payment, I even told her she could just send the amount I paid for expedited shipping...$18...and keep the item for free!! It's been a week and I haven't heard a thing. What can I do about this?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Unfortunately not much as you did not follow the proper procedures.   Hopefully you dealing with an honest customer and work with you, else, you just gave your merchandise away.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Call her via her number from Ebay.  You can also track down local neighbors to see if she will pay when her neighbors start asking her to call a bill collector back.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.