Sending monetary gifts to my European friend

Liz21
Contributor
Contributor

I have given my European friend over $2,000 in the last few years.  Now he has a problem.  He has to show that he is a business.  He is not a business.  He is my friend.  I am using PayPal to help him survive. 

"PayPal is required by law to comply with European Union Anti-Money Laundering regulations by collecting information from customers when they receive more than the set limit in total payments. These steps need to be completed within 180 days to comply with this regulation."

How can I set PayPal so that I can say I am not paying for goods or services, I am sending money to help my friend?  I feel very bad that my friend has now got a problem. 

Thanks for any advice.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

ab1948
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the  same boat!!!! My sister faxed the doc Paypal wanted for ID and proof of addresss. After trials and tribulations( wrong fax numbers were posted, told to choose  options none was available  etc.)

On the 26th of Dec she received an email that things had been rectified and the money would be available in a couple of days 🙂  NOT LONG after,received another email saying she had more doc to fill out!!!!!!!

I have called, spend oursat the computer trying to find help but  just keep hitting brick walls!!!

Hope you have nbetter luck

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Unfortunally your intent is good however, PayPal is NOT a one size service fits all solutions.   Sometimes the old fashion ways are still valid, for example, folks still send checks and/or monery orders via snail mail.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.