Seller reputation number not updating

NickPage
Contributor
Contributor

This topic has been raised many times in the past few years but the problem has still not been fixed.

Our seller reputation number (verified buyers) has not updated for over two years. It's been stuck on the same number since 7th July 2008 even though we have had many hundreds of first time verfied buyers in this time. 

This is a major problem for a merchant as when the reputation number never increases it looks to our potential customers that we are not doing any business.  ie it's a big negative signal from a sales perspective.

It's quite extraordinary that after all this time, and around five service requests from us to PayPal who have acknowledged the issue, that this problem remains unfixed.

Can somebody at PayPal please advise when this will be fixed?

IT'S A SERIOUS PROBLEM FOR MERCHANTS TRYING TO SELL STUFF. 

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

skier
Advisor
Advisor

This feature was discontinued quite some time ago, almost 3 years ago for some of us.  There was little to no public communication concerning the non-support of Seller Reputation number and there appears that there were no plans to revive it.  

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

NickPage
Contributor
Contributor

It's not discontinued.  It's not working.  There is a big difference. Discontinued means it is not longer available. ie it doesn't show.  However it IS showing. That's the whole point.  It's not discontinued -- it's still there.   It's showing to all buyers who buy from us AND IT'S WRONG.  If it didn't show at all that would be fine.  That would be discontinued.  But when it shows INCORRECT INFORMATION it's a big negative to merchants as it suggests we are not selling anything. 

Discontinue it by all means.  ie don't show it any more.  But if PayPal continue to show it it should be correct. Don't show wrong information.  It is beyond comprehension that PayPal promotes, in multiple places on their web site, the importance of checking seller reputation yet the number they show is literally years out of date.

We certainly encourage as many customers as possible to pay using our credit card facility rather than PayPal for this very reason.  When they use PayPal they see our incorrect repuation number and it makes them think twice about our credibility.  We would rather they didn't see this incorrect information so we promote direct credit card payments as our preferred payment method and push PayPal down the list.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

No need for long unprofessional lecturers on semantics or dictionary definitions.  Bottom line, be it discontinued, not supported or what ever, it has not been available as a functional feature for almost 3 years.  Not sure if you were a member of the previous Online Merchant Network as this topic was also a posted thread there too.   Yes the numbers were displayed but, were frozen it time.  And YES, nothing was done about it there either.

If you really want to make a difference, don't whine here , do something by opening a Feature Request.  This is how things get fixed, however you have to have lots of folks follow your lead.  You can post stuff in forums till the cows come home, but your just wasting electronic characters.

Go to the MTS or Merchant Technical Support site, open a Support Ticket and under Severity, select Feature Request and complete the form.   This how suggestions and/or ideas actually get looked at and escalated in the PayPal Corporate World. The behind the scenes logic at PayPal for fixing issues is that the top reported issue gets priority. Therefore, the more folks who open a Suppor Ticket, the higher up the fix-it list it gets.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

NickPage
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Skiier -- instead of lecturing me, how about you address the issue I have raised?     You said the feature was discontinued. It's not; it's very much alive in all the PayPal documentation and in the PayPal box which is presented to buyers.  It's not semantics at all.  Discontinued means it's no longer there; It definitly is there. It's just wrong.

And why did you lecture me on opening a feature request when you clear have no idea whether or not I have done that.  In fact I have several times.  Read my first post: I have submitted "around five service requests"  (or are you about to playing semantics by saying a service request isn't a feature request?). They know about the problem. They haven't fixed it.  They should as it's very damaging to our business (and I know many others).

Keep focused on the the issue Skier rather than clouding it with your little lectures.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

You're cute.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

TeaRowz
Contributor
Contributor

Skier, your mindset is the same as the "I have better things to do" attitude of too many technical support people.

And you're not cute.

Login to Me Too

oneusa
New Community Member

I have the same issue with my account.  When a posible client wants to send me money, they can see my sellers's reputation value, wich has not being updated in two years.  This is getting riduculus.  Paypal claims that this feature is discontinued but keeps showing inacurate and inccorect information.  My reputation should be in the +1000 and insteads it is showed as 31.

REMOVE IT OR FIX IT.

Robot Mad

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.