Seller Protection . A legal Quagmire or aiding and abedding international theft!!!

abrown39828
Contributor
Contributor
[ New ]

Up until recently e-bay has been a safe place for me to sell items. Until recently I have never had a problem with items not being received. As the seller I am able to prove that item has been shipped and gone through US. Customs exporting to foreign countries. The problem is that in foreign countries items are not traceable and unable to prove delivery using conventional mailing services.  Even express mail is not a guarantee.  Global express mail through USPS is the cheapest at $42.00 guaranteed mail delivery service being offered. A customer that buys a used watch  for $20.00 is not likely or very willing to spend $42-69 in shipping fees. So here is my question!!! If a policy such as proof of delivery mandated by seller protection policies although reasonable and affordable in the US. ( these services can be had for as little as  little as purchasing  online traceable first class mail. Usually for about $1.60 to $3.00 for items under $250.00 and signature confirmation for an additional $1.95 for proof of delivery for items over $250.00.... International First class normal mailing rate is $3-6  for a watch but that service through USPS is not guaranteed to be delivered. Guaranteed proof of delivery service = $42.00..... So here is my question. If I offer Global express as my preferred mailing service and show in writing that this is the guaranteed mailing service but also offer the other mailing services that are affordable but carry a disclaimer from USPS showing that the other services are not guaranteed delivery services if the customer after being given the disclaimer and the knowledge is made available to them chooses to use a mailing service not guaranteed delivery does the customer negate their buyer protection should the item not arrive. I understand that proof of mailing is still necessary. To simplify the question. If a policy that mandates proof of service/delivery by papal is a service willingly offered by seller but is refused by the buyer has the buyer willingly negated their right to that service if it was offered at fair market (a price not greater than what is charged for by the USPS.) These less costly shipping  services are offered by papal shipping as options but currently only sellers are being responsible for the shipping choices that buyers make  should the items supposedly not arrive.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

You posted the same garbage before, then wouldn't answer the questions I put to you.

Regurgitating the same nonsense does not make it any more true.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.