Security concerns

Thaikeith
New Community Member

PayPal is not supposed to share credit card details with other parties apart from confirmation of the billing address.

Paypal makes a monthly payment to Clickbank for a service that I am subscribed to.

I have had a problem with my credit card and last month's payment was not processed.

This is a part of an email received from Clickbank...

"This email confirms that ACTION IS REQUIRED to continue receiving your product.
Our records show that the credit card we have on file for the order detailed
below is no longer processing correctly. This could be for a variety of reasons,
including insufficient funds. To continue receiving your product, please enter a
new credit card below or address the issue with your credit card company
directly. We will attempt to rebill you in 7 days. If this billing fails, your
order will be canceled.

To enter a new credit card please follow the steps below:.........................."

Why do Clickbank have my credit card details on file? I have never given them details of my card, only of my Paypal account!  This is not good.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

skier
Advisor
Advisor

You need to understand the various products that are available to sellers.

If a seller is using PayPal's Website Payments Standard, "no" credit card information is shared with that seller.  

If a seller is using PayPal's Website Payments Pro or PayPal's Payflow Payment Gateway, they do collect and store your credit card information. 

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.