Scammed via Dispute Claim?

Paul_Smith
Contributor
Contributor

I recently posted a listing on eBay for a World of Warcraft game disk and box, but I had already used the CD key. I had even added in my listing that the key had been used. The buyer received the product and kept complaining about the CD key (even though it was in the item description), and he even escalated it to a claim.

I've now lost my money from the sale and the product, and I doubt that the buyer will send the item back or send it back beat up. In general, my problems:

1) Buyer complained about being not as described for the CD key being used, but that was in the description, and he somehow won the claim

2) Low likelyhood I'll receive the item back, or at least in good condition

3) I was scammed via disputing

My questions:

How can I deal with this? Am I, as the "bad guy" now in Paypal's eyes, allowed to re-open a dispute?

Has this ever happened to you? How did you deal with this?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

There's not much you can do...

hopefully the buyer will return the item in the same condition as when it was shipped.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

What good is the cd/game without the key

Login to Me Too

Paul_Smith
Contributor
Contributor

Memoribilia? It's irrelevant, he bought it, and it was in the description. I thought he just wanted the CD/case for keepsake... It was listed as without a CD key... Kind of like a broken iPod?

Login to Me Too

pyraxiate
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I was wondering what happened with your case. Something very similar happened to me recently. I sold a desktop computer with a 7 day non-doa return policy. When he recieved it, the item was not DOA ( also it had shipping insurance in case it was damaged during shipping ). He started a chargeback 3 months later and now paypal has my account locked and showign a negative balance over 400$ for something that isnt even in myu posession.

I think im through using paypal if it doesnt protect sellers.

Login to Me Too

mypatch
Contributor
Contributor

I had some of the same problems.  I used to take credit cards using Pay Pal and i had 2 disputes it was evident that PP is not for the seller.  Favors the customer.  I stopped the credit cards and stopped doing business for a long time with P P.  It's time to do business with another company thats treats the sellers better.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.