Scam Alert

dipguy
Contributor
Contributor

I logged on to my account today and was directed to a page WITHIN Paypal asking me for all sorts of personal information. Things like my SS# and my ATM pin #.

Surely this is a scam, and indeed if it is then it is a serious threat. Inside Paypal!!

It only happens if I try to access Paypal using Firefox. My Firefox then bombed out on two occasions.

When I use Chrome I automaticall go to my account page as I should on logging in.

Is anyone else encountering this "security form"?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Joker0001
New Community Member

I just experienced this today using Firefox.  I experienced this with eBay as well.  I knew that it was a scam as soon as it asked me for my Social Security Number and my ATM PIN (which eBay or PayPal DO NOT need to know my SS# or ATM PIN.)  I couldn't figure out how to log in to either of these sites without putting in that info, until I read your post and you said you used Google Chrome.  That is what I am using now, and it didn't prompt me for security info after trying to log in.  I wonder if eBay and PayPal knows about this problem.

Login to Me Too

dipguy
Contributor
Contributor

Log into ebay and click on security centre. They have a great security program called Rapport, which you can download for free! It stops any malware from logging your sensitive information on any site.

I have been using it since yesterday and it has stopped three attempts to steal information for illegal purposes.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.