SICK AND TIRED OF GETTING THE 'RUN-AROUND' FROM PAYPAL CALL CENTER.

nachomalacho
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal demands I send my item before I'm able to recieve payment. The item has been delivered.

They're telling me that it hasn't, even though the U.S.P.S website says that IT HAS.

I'm sick and **bleep**ing tired of dealing with these 'Customer Service reps' in India.

They're rude, they speak poor English, and they have, apparently, no comprehension of how to read the U.S.P.S tracking website.

The fact that they force you to ship your item before you can get paid for it is almost incomprehensible, and then when I ask them to release my funds, they argue with me about what the Post Office website says.

**bleep** YOU, paypal.

I refuse to do any business with you from this point on.

Give me my money and I'll be glad to forget that you exist.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

So you won't be selling on ebay anymore.

Oh well, your choice.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@nachomalacho wrote:

Paypal demands I send my item before I'm able to recieve payment. The item has been delivered.

They're telling me that it hasn't, even though the U.S.P.S website says that IT HAS.

I'm sick and **bleep**ing tired of dealing with these 'Customer Service reps' in India.

They're rude, they speak poor English, and they have, apparently, no comprehension of how to read the U.S.P.S tracking website.

The fact that they force you to ship your item before you can get paid for it is almost incomprehensible, and then when I ask them to release my funds, they argue with me about what the Post Office website says.

**bleep** YOU, paypal.

I refuse to do any business with you from this point on.

Give me my money and I'll be glad to forget that you exist.

PayPal generally releases the payment 3-4 days after confirmed delivery.

When you go to the USPS website and enter the DC/tracking number, does it display that the item has been delivered to the buyer's city/state/zip code?

Was it an international shipment?

Login to Me Too

FAHayek
Contributor
Contributor

For what it's worth, I have the same problem. The item has been received. The tracking information was recorded with Paypal as they instruct but it's been a week and the money has not been released. and there seems to be no way to resolve it with Paypal. They have something seriously messed-uo here. but, then, they probably don't care about the Seller's. I wish there was a reasonable alternative.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

PayPal will often release the payment 3 days after PayPal can confirm delivery of the item. If the shipping company's website shows the item as delivered and if PayPal has the tracking number and if it's been more than 3 days since the item was delivered, call PayPal to ask if it's sufficient to release the hold.

To call PayPal, login to your PayPal account and click on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page... there you will find contact instructions and the PayPal phone number for your account.

Login to Me Too

FAHayek
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. this is a very useful reply. Still, PayPal wants everything automated, which makes sense, so they should do a much better job at automating the release of seller's money.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Yes, they should.

But this is a brand-new system and they're feeling their way on it.

It'll take some time to get all the little bugs and kinks out.

Login to Me Too

FAHayek
Contributor
Contributor

The final result: I spoke with Chris in Customer Service with PayPal customer service. he was very helpful. he checked the tracking and immediately released the money. I learned that their system is set up to release the money automatically on the 4th day after delivery confirmation is received. Three days of additional hold (presumably to give the buyer time to complain), then release on the 4th day at about midnight. The release on my $ was 6 days, so I presume the weekend does not count toward the hold. (PayPal should change this.)

When one calls PayPal, they do the automated telephone dance and do make it a bit difficult to reach a person. (FYI: There is no menu choice related to release of funds. A good feature for PayPal to add would be the ability to input the tracking number into the telephone and thereby give the seller the ability to initiate the release of funds.)

This was not a major issue for me since the $ were small, but since i am new to eBay I wanted to know how it works for the future.

Thanks again for the useful post, it saved me some time and aggravation.

Login to Me Too

AZParalegal
New Community Member

I'm sick of Paypal and Ebay too.  Paypal/Ebay went ahead and "donated" my money to whomever I had chosen on a sale that was CANCELED.  Can you believe it?  No sale occurred but they took money from my Paypal account and donated it.  No sale occurred.  Did you hear me Paypal?  No sale occurred.  I was told when I put something up for sale that "it would be nice to put a donation up because buyers liked that."  So I did.  I didn't know it was permission for them to take money from my account when NO SALE OCCURRED.  I did a complaint with Ebay in the Resolution Department or whatever it is.  But they denied it.  Even though no sale occurred.  Did I say that enough?  No sale occurred between the buyer and the seller.  It was cancelled.  The money returned to the buyer.  No sale occurred.  Paypal stole my money.  I heard that other auction site was doing much better...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.