Remove Funding Source ~ Pending transaction?

aaauto
New Community Member

I am trying to remove a funding source due to my account information having been compromised, and I get this error message:

You cannot remove this bank account because it currently has a pending transaction. This transaction may take up to 3-5 days to complete, at which time you will be able to remove the bank account. Please try again after the transaction has been completed.

The problem is, I don't have anything pending!  The last payment I sent cleared yesterday, and although I have sold items on Ebay, I have not been paid for them & no attempt to pay for them has been made.  I can't find anywhere to view this so-called pending transaction & when I view all of my transactions, everything says completed.

Does anyone know anything that might help me???  Thanks!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

tr_right
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem! Did you ever find a solution??

Login to Me Too

Furcifer
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue.  Cannot remove a credit card due to pending authorization.  There are no pending authorizations and no charges for almost a month. 

Login to Me Too

tr_right
Contributor
Contributor

I called paypal.  The CSR found a transaction that went through, but it was showing up as pending.  I couldn't see the pending status on my account, though.

He changed something and asked me to try again, I was able to change my bank acc's and cards immediately.

Login to Me Too

pennylaneallen
New Community Member

I havent used Paypal because they **bleep**ed up a bank account I had years ago and didnt trust them. I had just sold a cell phone and got this pending transaction stuff.
What the **bleep**. Did cons find another way to just **bleep** up a simple purchase.? Paypal claims that they can be trusted.?I dont want to deal with this I just want the money for the item. I swear I will never use paypal again. This time I mean it.

Login to Me Too

dfmock
New Community Member

I also followed this route and they said:

"Thank you for contacting PayPal.
We have already voided the pending authorization on your PayPal account so you can now remove the Bank Account on to your PayPal Account."

However, this did not resolve the issue. I still get the message:

"You  may  not  remove  your  funding  source  while  an  authorization  is  still pending."

The only issue I see is an old Dispute with a guy that stiffed me. PayPal marked this as case closed, so I see nothing that would block me from removing this account. B-tards!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.