Remove Buyer Email from Transaction Record?

merchantgirl
Contributor
Contributor

I have a business account.  When I receive a payment from someone through pay pal, the transaction receipt shows the buyer's email address.  I'm wondering if there is a way to configure the payment form so that the buyer's address is not visible or even necessary to complete the transaction. I would like to collect only the buyers mailing address and name instead.  

If it's not possible with PayPal Business, is it possible with Pay Pal Merchant Pro (the fee-based system0?  

I will need to set up payment portals for sellers who will be selling something that costs about $1.50.  The people who are donating money to the sellers are doing it to help the sellers achieve a goal but because of such a low amount, they do not want their email addresses distributed to the sellers because the sellers would likely place them on an email list and solicit  them for money again.  So my desire is to remove the required field "EMAIL" form the purchasing process or to make it hidden not only in the form and in the report but in the pay pal queue as ell.

Anyone know anything about this?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

skier
Advisor
Advisor

I'm wondering if there is a way to configure the payment form so that the buyer's address is not visible or even necessary to complete the transaction.

Unfortunately not.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

merchantgirl
Contributor
Contributor

OK.

Might I suggest you send this on to your development team, then? Or is there anyway I could have teh API worked t do this:

Login to Me Too

merchantgirl
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry that image is so small.

It's google checkout for politics and it allows a donor to choose to have his/her email kept private from the recipient as an option during checkout.

you can see the page in the URL here http://code.google.com/apis/checkout/developer/Google_Checkout_XML_API_Guide_for_Political_Organizat...

The drawback is that it only applies to federal candidates.  

But I'm posting this anyway since someone else may be able to make use of it for their own purposes. It would be great if PAY PAL allowed donors to not disclose their email address to a donation recipient (although name and address are requirements for political record keeping and cannot be omitted).  It's not that PayPal doesnt HAVE the information it's just choosing which fields get sent to the recipient.

Please consider this in the future. For now, I'll have to find another solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.