Refunds on hold

Blacklab
Contributor
Contributor

Its my money why would you put it on hold just take it back out of the sellers account that you just gave my money too.

I am owed a $4.20 refund on some over priced shipping and the seller sent it back to me and paypal but a hold on it.

I paid for 3 iteums and she forgot to take the shipping off 2 of them because it would all fit in the same shipment.She sent it back to me with a nice note saying sorry that she is new and at the top of my page it shows a refound but when I look at my amount in my account its not in it thats when I clicked on every thing to do with the transaion and found the hold..Is this paypal or Alertpay?

PayPal    owes me Total Amount:
-$4.20 USD  ... Fee amount:
$0.00 USD  ... Net amount:
-$4.20 USD ...

.... Date:
Feb 11, 2010  ... Time:
03:36:47 PST  ... Status:
Placed  ...

.................................... .........................................
Temporary Hold Information: This temporary hold was placed because your Direct Debit or Bank Funding payment was denied, cancelled, or refunded.The funds from this payment cannot be released until they have arrived from your bank account, which usually takes 3-5 business days....................... Subject:
You have sent $4.20 USD to PayPal with PayPal

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Your original payment was done using a dabit card, which takes time to clear your bank account.  It's not instant, as most people think.

When the payment has cleard your bank account, the refund will be allowed.

It's not "your money" until your bank makes good on the debit payment, btw.

Login to Me Too

Blacklab
Contributor
Contributor

OK thank you I did use my back up funding I did not know my back up took time .I will lit her the seller know its on my end.LOL Why don't they just keep the $4.20 in my account instead of pulling it out to give it back

Thanks

Blacklab

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

It's a banking thing - doesn't have to make sense in the real world.

Login to Me Too

chasetheace2009
New Community Member

I bought 3 DVD's from 2 different companies on Ebay. They listed items they didn't even have. I got both companies to issue me a full refund. I paid by instant transfer. The total is $60.33 PayPal has put a temporary hold on both my refunds why would they do this. I called them today and they were rude. I asked if they were like a bank making money off of me by holding my refunds for 5 days. The rep got upset. I asked to speak to his supervisor and he hung up on me. I have never had this kind of trouble before. I have gotten a refund before and it always shows up in my PayPal balance. I even talked to Ebay for over an hour tonight on their online customer service. She said she understood the frustration I was having not getting a straight answer from PayPal. I re-read their user agreement and all you can do is report them to some place in California or Florida how does this help. If and when they decide to take the holds off my refunds and then by the time I send it back to my bank account it would take over 2 weeks to post. If the sellers have given me the refunds and they have both completed why doesn't PayPal just put it in my balance???

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.