Refunded service charge

trebor
New Community Member

I paid for a service that could not be delivered so it was refunded but I paid $275 but was only refunded $258.71. So I paid $16.29 in fees for naught. Was this the correct way to refunded. Thanks for your answers in advance..

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Unless there is some disclaimer on the seller's web site, you should have been refunded the total amount.   There is one exception, the time frame of the sale.

From the seller's perspective:

If the seller issues a total refund within 60 days of the transaction date, PayPal refunds the original transaction fee for receiving the payment to the seller's account. For partial refunds, the fee refund will be calculated at the same percentage as the payment refund. When the seller issue's a refund after 60 days, the original transaction fee for receiving the payment is not credited to the seller's account. If the seller refunds a pending eCheck payment, no fees are charged because the pending payment is effectively canceled.

For example: If the seller sells something for $100 (fee is $2.90 + $0.30) and refunds $50, paypal will issue a refund of 50% of the fee (not including the $0.30) so in this case $1.80 will be returned to the seller's PayPal Account.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.