Refund without asking within hours of purchase?

Barbie239
New Community Member

I shop Ebay often with very few problems until now. I fairly bid, won and paid quickly for a Toy and then was sent a message from the seller stating, "I will refund you if you want me too". I simply replied "thanks", never asking for a refund, perhaps thinking that was nice of him to offer if used toy wasn't what I expected.Remember sight unseen! 10 minutes after I replied I was sent a notification that I have been refunded, I didn't want a refund, only the toy for my child. I am not certain but I am getting the impression that the seller didn't feel he was given enough money, I was the only bidder. I really think this was wrong because it gives sellers the right to just resell items after we do all the bidding etc. Does anyone know my rights as the buyer? I know that you are expected to pay for an item, wouldn't you be expected to follow through with the selling end regardless? I don't know whom to talk to, I left messages and seller won't return.If left unresolved I will not be using eBay anymore.I feel if seller wanted more he should have set a price before bidding.Thanks!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

The seller is expected to ship the item after the buyer pays. If the seller refuses to ship, you should file a non-performing eBay seller report and leave appropriate feedback.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/seller-non-performance.html

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.