Refund more than charge problem

JaxsonJill888
New Community Member

The seller is refunded me for shipping the product back but says PayPal won't allow the refund to be more than the original charge and need my person paypal account # or they 'l send me a check.  Problem I can't find my personal paypal account #.  Me dumb.  Thanks for any info.    Jill

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Jason
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi JaxsonJill888-

The seller can issue a refund up to the full amount you sent by clicking on the Details of your payment.  They can issue you a full or partial refund in this way, and they will be reimbursed an equal percentage of the fees they paid on the transaction.  (In other words, if they gave you 100% of your money back, they would get 100% of their fees back; if they gave you 25% of your money back, they would get 25% of the amount paid in fees back.)

Using this refund process does not require any other info about you or your account, aside from the email address on the PayPal account you used, so they know which account requires the refund.

There is no PayPal "Account Number" although if they are looking for a transaction number, both of you can find that in the same Details link mentioned above.

Thanks,

Jason

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

They would have to do as Amanda states. 

Now for the seller to refund you the return shipping you had to pay, all they would need is your e-mail address attached to your paypal account.  You will be charged paypal fees for the payment the seller sends you.  30 cents + 2.9%

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

They would have to do as Amanda states

They would have to do as JASON states

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.