Redirect to new URL after payment

Chaswick
New Community Member

After a customer of mine pays at Paypal, how do I redirect them to a new URL from paypal to where info they just paid for is located.?

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Are you using "hosted" item button code meaning that you generated the item button code using the online button creator or are you using "clear text" item button code meaning that manually created the item button code?   Note, regardless of the type of code, you must make the change to each individual item button.  

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Jazzman
Contributor
Contributor

I am going into 'edit button', then adding the code under step three in the variables box, then 'saving changes'. It then takes you automatically to the button code window. My guess is because new code has been generated which I am to copy and attach to the buttons on my web page. However, the code looks the same, so I can't figure out where the changes are supposed to take place ...on the paypal server, or magically on my web page. As you say in your last post, I must make the changes to each button. I guess what that means, is I must add that code to the button on my web page, and forget about doing it in the variables box. Do I just add it at the end of the code that already exists?

Login to Me Too

rickfalls

Hi Amanda,

I tried to set a redirect page with the instructions that you spelled out but I couldn't even see the items to click in the columns that you referred to.

I need to do two relatively simple things.

The easiest one is, I need to add a password to the instructions for my buyers for the button I already set up.

If I can't do that I'd like to set up a new button with a redirect to the download page and include a password (once they have paid) so that when they get to the password protected download they will have a password to get in..

I would love some guidance to help me through this.

Thanks,

Rick

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

See your other post.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.