Received busted item seller not helpful, now too late for refund.

mushroom
New Community Member

PAYPAL shows this case is closed . I cannot find a link to continue with Ebay.

I paid for a salt and pepper shaker with a buck with large antlers. Insurance was never an option. The item arrived with 2 broken pieces, one antler and one ear. I did contact the seller. The seller said I had to pay to ship it back and to have them ship an
unbroken one to me. (She says I paid too fast?)  

As a single unempIoyed mom, I couldn't afford that extra cost to ship the busted item back and to pay for another to be shipped to me so I thought if I could glue it and I may still be able to give it as a Christmas gift to my father. After many STRESSFULL attempts, I still can't glue it to fix it. He would have really loved this item so I just purchased another from a different seller and found out my father won't receive this gift until after Dec. 28, 2009.

I feel I was being generous to the seller to attempt to fix something they should have taken care of or at least given me the option for insurance.  I should not be the one who suffers anymore because of damages not my fault. I feel this seller is being protected. Now, no one wants to help or attempt to reclaim money for a damaged item that I am stuck paying for. I don't understand why the seller is being allowed to get away with this.  Am I wrong to try and fix a busted item that was sent to me...to keep the spirit of Christmas and not raise a fuss? Now, I am the one to suffer?  Please let me know if I am right to feel this way. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.