Re-opening a closed disput

garoush
New Community Member

Hi there,

I had a dispute with a seller.  We finally agreed that I will return the item and that I will receive a refund.  Well, the item was returned, the dispute was automatically closed by PayPal, and the seller has yet to refund me.  When I try to create a new dispute, on the item, I can't.  When I try to re-open the old now closed dispute, I can't.  So what are my options?

Thanks.

-- George

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DanDeluca
New Community Member

You can not reopen closed dispute. You just got **bleep**ed. I know it sucks but thats how PayPal does the business. You can call PayPal and talk to someone but you will not get anywhere. Try to open dispute with your credit card

Good Luck

Dan

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Hi garoush,

Had the dispute been escalated to a claim? When you file a dispute you have 20 days to either escalate it or it will be automatically closed.

Amanda  

Login to Me Too

itsinthemx
New Community Member

Yeah, I just got it from PAY PAL, I disputed an unauthorized charge on my card and they "CLAIMED" to have investigated it..I wonder if they handed off my dispute to " The Office for the BLIND and STUPID". I came on here to file an honest dispute with this company and left with the feeling i just visited a PROCTOLOGIST! Thanks PAY PAL and a Merry F***ing Christmas to you too. By the way PAY PAL..I have notified the local news affiliates on your actions. KISS

Login to Me Too

ksnazzy
New Community Member

LIke the previous poster, I opened a dispute because I did not receive a product as advertised and was unable to get resolution from the seller.  The seller responded to my dispute through paypal for me to work with them on an exchange, so I did.  Below is a copy of a portion (I did remove identifying and personal info) of the discussion I had through a "live chat", in which the seller would not provide the new product until I closed the dispute.  Closing the dispute of course doesn't allow for follow up, case is closed.  I was on live chat from 5:57 pm-8:22pm,  issue was not resolved.  They were pretty slick in not letting me finish transaction w/o closing dispute, and yes I should have just stopped there.  So now how do I dispute this?  I have been a customer for many years,and kept using it because I thought it would protect me from this very kind of thing.  Wrong again.

I would publish entire chat session, but paypal's space doesn't allow for the full detail.

Here is chat session:

Karen 01-25 17:59:38

welcome to our website, how may i help u             

You 01-25 17:59:53

I am still waiting for info regarding a reset password for an acct i bought pay pal e-mail ___

You 01-25 18:00:09

acct purchased _____

Karen 01-25 18:00:21

one sec plz, i will check for u

You 01-25 18:09:19

any luck yet?

Karen 01-25 18:09:39

could u close the dispute, i will give u another acc

You 01-25 18:10:23

i will after i receive anothre acct

You 01-25 18:10:33

if everything works well

You 01-25 18:11:35

I am interested in_______

Karen 01-25 18:12:02

one sec plz, i will check for u

Karen 01-25 18:14:16

this acc is available, coiuld u close the dispute and i will get the info for u

You 01-25 18:14:47

i really need to make sure this acct works first to close the dispute, can we please do it that way?

Karen 01-25 18:14:58

but this acc is more expensive then u paid, will u pay for the price differnece

You 01-25 18:16:26

the 2nd time I needed to chg accts (I am already on 2nd acct, so this next will be 3rd) I paid $10 & was given a $10 discount for the trouble,the 2nd one was the same price as the one I am asking for

Karen 01-25 18:17:25

ummm could close the dispute first and i wont ask u for the price differece i will just give u this acc at this price

You 01-25 18:18:25

OK, i will but i am counting on this being worked out as your guarantee says.  will you promise your guarantee ?

Karen 01-25 18:18:34

yes

Karen 01-25 18:21:08

closed?

You 01-25 18:21:15

yes, it is closed now

Karen 01-25 18:21:24

i'm getting the info, plz hold on

Karen 01-25 18:22:25

sorry it is not closed?

You 01-25 18:22:42

should be

Karen 01-25 18:23:15

could u show me a creenshot?

You 01-25 18:23:53

I just logged out, but I can try to log back & see what it shows

Karen 01-25 18:24:03

ty

You 01-25 18:26:01

Bottom of Form

Other party

Case ID

Reason

Amount

Opened

Status

Last updated

Action

- You don't have any open cases -

You 01-25 18:26:36

It says at bottom i don't have any open cses

Karen 01-25 18:26:45

thank u, hold on plz, i will check for u

Karen 01-25 18:28:21

ty, it is closed and i sent the acc info to ur paypal email

Login to Me Too

ofgg53a
Contributor
Contributor

Add me to the list of suckers. I bought an item that arrived damaged. The seller had it picked up but has yet to refund even though he has had it for over 2 weeks.

I filed a paypal dispute and when I tried to escalate it to a claim PayPal said in effect, "Go Take A Hike".

Glad I used a credit card and not my bank account.

Login to Me Too

rupak
Contributor
Contributor

I lost About 50bucks on that. Paypal closed all my disputes with sellers and now I can't do anything! Sad, paypal should support buyers under buyers protection not to the sellers!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.