Re: PAYPAL UNFAIRLY PUTS HOLDS ON ACCOUNTS

jseah
Contributor
Contributor

I can top that.  I don't even sell on ebay and Paypal has put a hold on my account.  I prepare tax returns and one of my clients likes paying me via Paypal so he can pay with his credit card.  Paid me through Paypal for the last 3 or 4 years or so.  This year, right after he pays me, Paypal put a hold on my account saying that the transaction is "under review" to make sure it isn't a fraudulent transaction.  How long does these holds last?  I even contacted my client and he didn't even know that Paypal is holding the transaction.  Luckily, I do have proof of shipping since I had sent him his tax return via UPS.  Imagine what it would be like if I was being paid for a service that did not result in a tangible object being shipped.

I'm going to have to look for an alternative source for dealing with the one credit card payment I have to deal with each year. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

jseah
Contributor
Contributor

So I called and spoke to Paypal today and they told me that unless my client contacts Paypal to confirm that the transaction is valid, they will automatically assume that it is a fraudulent transaction and will refund the money to him, regardless of what information that I can provide from my side.  I contacted him to tell him to contact Paypal and also told him that from this point onward, I will no longer accept Paypal payments. 

I really feel sorry for you people selling on ebay and are forced to accept Paypal payments.  Paypal does absolutely nothing to protect you.

Login to Me Too

Shlev
Contributor
Contributor

If this is true, then I'm definitely out of my money.  I sold an intangible item to someone, and within hours they filed a dispute claiming I did'nt send them the item.

I'm no longer using payfail after this.  What a waste of time and money.

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Happened to me with one of my long time clients.  Several hundred dollars a month is now no longer in my pocket but the lesson learned is not to put all your eggs in one basket.  There are many payment processors out there that want your business and each payment processor will cater to certain needs better than the last. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.