Proof of shipping?

ashley5nc
Contributor
Contributor
If I print shipping labels through usps.com, I have the option of printing off a scan form for the post office to scan as proof that I mailed the package and not just printed the label. Does Paypal shipping have this? My local post office does not scan in prepaid packages. No clue why, the rural post office in the next county over does, but mine don't. So they don't scan it in and it sometime doesn't get scanned in until it's at it's destination. Sometimes they don't get scanned in AT ALL, and I'm left to wonder and worry. I've not had any missing packages YET, but I've been left holding my breath on more than one occasion. If there is no option thru paypal to offer proof of shipping, I think I'm not going to use it anymore.
Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

coinman9028
Contributor
Contributor

I found when you use multi shipping program... add weights...CLICK pay/print labels.... the next thing that comes up is the print box for printing the labels. On that box there are 3 choices left is print sample lable CENTER PRINTS THE SCAN SHEET and right prints the label. YOU MUST PRINT THE SHEET (CENTER) FIRST AS IT GOES AWAY IF YOU DO LABELS FIRST.

If you are printing only one label you have to ask the post office to scan it. They will tell you that they do not need to scan it as you already paid on line....you reply... THIS PACKAGE HAS DELIVERY CONFIRMATION PAID ON IT AND IT MUST BE SCANNED TO BE "ACCEPTED" . If they tell you no, ask for the supervisor !

Ebay has a following of people now that check the delivery confirmation once they get their package because they are crooks and know they will get their money back AND the item....its a GAME for them !!! I learned the hard way on all above !

Login to Me Too

joenaud
Contributor
Contributor

Well.. I'm not sure if there is a conspiracy to not pay for items that have not been scanned in. Out of thousands of shipments, I can count on one hand the problems I have had with unscanned items. However, if your item is expensive, or going overseas, I would definitely MAKE SURE the postal employee or the supervisor takes the time to provide an ACCEPTANCE SCAN to show that your item at least made it to their office and was scanned in as accepted. When the office is busy, they will opt NOT to do this unless you ask them POLITELY to do so. The scan sheet just makes it easier for them to do several packages at once... it does not opt them out of doing it if you forgot to print it, or have only one or two packages, or just want them scanned in. If they refuse to it, just ask for the supervisor... If you still have a problem then you need to write the local postmaster or higher until the problem is corrected. Don't be ashamed to mention the 5 to 10 thousand dollars you spend on postage each year. The post office is losing too much business, not to be nice to eBayers. We drive a good percentage of business for them and the higher-ups know it, even if the counter people don't.

Login to Me Too

MooseHead
Contributor
Contributor

I have been printing labels (First Class) from the PayPal site for over a year and have yet to notice any option for a SCAN sheet.

The other question I would have is if I learn that I can in fact print a SCAN sheet for First Class labels, wouldn’t the post office tell you they cannot scan it because of not knowing if the correct postage that I paid for that package/weight if they do not weight them themselves?

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too

marminda
New Community Member

If the Post Office does not scan at the point of origin, getting insurance is useless if the package is lost. The only information is that the Post Office was electronically notified, it does not prove that the package was mailed.  If paypal offered shipping through another carrier such as UPS, I'm pretty sure many people would utilize it.

If anyone has had an insurance claim denied because of the Post Office's failure to scan, perhaps a class action lawsuit would force them to do their job.

Login to Me Too

joenaud
Contributor
Contributor

coinman9028
Contributor
Contributor

read my full post for how to get scan form from paypal labels

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.