Proof of shipping?

ashley5nc
Contributor
Contributor
If I print shipping labels through usps.com, I have the option of printing off a scan form for the post office to scan as proof that I mailed the package and not just printed the label. Does Paypal shipping have this? My local post office does not scan in prepaid packages. No clue why, the rural post office in the next county over does, but mine don't. So they don't scan it in and it sometime doesn't get scanned in until it's at it's destination. Sometimes they don't get scanned in AT ALL, and I'm left to wonder and worry. I've not had any missing packages YET, but I've been left holding my breath on more than one occasion. If there is no option thru paypal to offer proof of shipping, I think I'm not going to use it anymore.
Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Me2
New Community Member

Ok. I have the same problem. I print my postage on line so that I have a free tracking number. It takes time and effort to do all this. And then they don't even scan it in at the post office and so when you track it well...it only says that the postage has been printed. There is a simple solution until pay pal shipping gets up to date with the SCAN FORM. You can stand in line and have them scan them in manually at the post office, which I have been doing for a couple days. You know it would be simple for pay pal to fix this issue. I was looking trying to find the scan form and all they would have to do is add a couple rows to their "reports" with the bar code and number on it.

Login to Me Too

coinman9028
Contributor
Contributor

read my full post on how to get scan form for your paypal labels

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Hi All,

PayPal does offer a SCAN form.

When creating a single label using PayPal, the labels should not be scanned at the Post Office retail window; information for electronic rate confirmation services is sent electronically. This is why there is no fee or a reduced fee when using PayPal.

However, when you print multiple labels using PayPal MultiOrder Shipping, a PS Form 5630, Shipment Confirmation Acceptance Notice - also called the SCAN form - is created at the end of the transaction. You'll have the option to print this form after printing the labels. The form's barcode covers all the packages in the shipment.

Give your packages and SCAN form to a letter carrier or take them to the post office.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

mrmartman
New Community Member

Sorry, but when I completed my multipackage information and selected print I was not given the option to print a scan form. Nowhere on Paypal's websitr is there a refernece to scan forms. Where are you getting yoiur information?

Login to Me Too

joenaud
Contributor
Contributor

Took me a while to find it too. It is an option on the Pitney Bowes pop-up Print screen when you actually print your labels.

Also gives a option to Print a Sample Print.  Finally I have something to give to the Postal employee that refuses to scan my items in... Of course now I will have to either wait in line for my acceptance scan or have my items picked up from my home <smirk>.

Login to Me Too

Value571
New Community Member

Thank you for posting this information.  It is invaluable.  We spent about an hour trying to figure this out.  Hopefully, more people will try the forums before going as crazy as we did.  We wish paypal added it to it's FAQ's about multi-order shipping.  Hil and Val

Login to Me Too

coinman9028
Contributor
Contributor

did you find where the scan form is ? I can not find it.

please help, customers need only to check pkg was never scanned and get their money back as item not received.... I need this form !

Login to Me Too

coinman9028
Contributor
Contributor

it is on the print box that pops up when you print your labels, read my full posting

Login to Me Too

fun

The post office said I need a scan form to provide proof of mailing.  How do I get this with a SINGLE shipping label?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.