Problems

legaleagle
Contributor
Contributor

This is the first time I have even heard of paypal and I was wondering if anyone has ever had any problems with paypal whether receiving or sending money to a friend?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

skier
Advisor
Advisor

PayPal works great for most folks if you follow the rules.  Make sure you understand the User Agreement.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

NetSpace
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is a great service if you can wait 21 days to recieve the money sent to you.

Read around on these forums and you will see alot of people complaining about PayPal placing their payments on hold.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Don't believe everything folks say in the forum.  For example the previous post simply does not apply to everyone.

We been in the online business for many years and PayPal works as advertised for us.  Some folks who have issues with PayPal are usually the cause of their own problems, i.e., they don't read the documentation, they don't verify their accounts, etc., etc.   Also note that the forum is intended to assist people legitimate questions and/or problems, not hear them complain.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

NetSpace
Contributor
Contributor

That is simply not true,

I follow all rules and policies in place by PayPal.

I have two payments that have been on hold by paypal, randomly, by their own admission. For no reason whatsoever. Both payments are from the same person, both made on the eleventh of this month.

You are correct though, don't believe everything you read on this forum. Especially the post above this one.

Regards

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Funny.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@NetSpace wrote:

That is simply not true,

I follow all rules and policies in place by PayPal.

I have two payments that have been on hold by paypal, randomly, by their own admission. For no reason whatsoever. Both payments are from the same person, both made on the eleventh of this month.

You are correct though, don't believe everything you read on this forum. Especially the post above this one.

Regards

PayPal will release the funds after 21 days, or... after the buyer leaves positive feedback or 3 days after PayPal can confirm delivery of the item.

The policy is called the eBay Item Hold policy... it was announced in January, 2008 and implemented in April, 2008. Go here...

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/securitycenter/sell/SaferPayments-outside

and here...

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/update08/rewardsfaq/index.html#27

to read more about the policy.

When listing an item, you are warned that your payment may be held. The following text appears on the eBay Sell Your Item form...

Select at least one approved electronic payment method listed below.

• Learn more about recent changes to the eBay Accepted Payments Policy.

• PayPal may delay the settlement of funds to ensure smooth transactions.
    - Learn more about PayPal's Payment Holds Policy.

Here's a screenshot...

Login to Me Too

joebighair
    Contributor
    Contributor

i have had nothing but problems with paypal they are slow when it comes to releasing your funds but fast at taking there fees if you have another optin i would go with it

Login to Me Too

Frenchy
    Contributor
    Contributor

you guys having issues getting your holds taken off...have you ever tried calling paypal about it??

I had a similar issue where the buyer just was not leaving me feedback over a week after she received the item and it showed delivery confirmation (ALWAYS ship delivery confirmation) and i called up and paypal took it right off.

there's been a few other holds for random things, like refunds that all I had to do was call paypal, yeah it took some time to get to talk to the right person, and sometimes you have to request a supervisor but i've always found the paypal customer service on the phone to be very pleasant and helpful. and great communication skils (ie they speak english, my language, not to be taken as anything but me appreciating speaking to someone that speaks my language)

Login to Me Too

jennyk

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.