Please help with held funds after delivery.

pinklady19

I am not a huge seller on ebay, in fact have only recently sold a few items.  However I recently sold an item for nearly $200, and my funds are being held.  I understand ( I think) the policy, while I may not agree with it.  My question is this; the item was delivered yesterday.   Do I need to contact paypal to have the money released, or will they release it automatically within 3 days?  My understanding is that delivery confirmation or positive feedback is needed to release the funds.  Am I correct?  Basically I would like my money asap, and don't want to miss any steps in doing so.  I'm just concerned the buyer may not leave feedback as he didn't bother to be at home the first 2 delivery attempts and then let it set at a UPS location for 3 days before getting it. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Emily

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kkootenay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yes, contact PP with the Delivery Confirmation number as soon as possible. This would be the shipping invoice number, probably. (I don't use UPS so I am not sure.)

As you know the three ways of having your money released are :

The buyer leaves positive feedback.

The seller gives PP the Delivery Confirmation number.

Paypal notes that no complaint has been laid by the buyer within 21 days after the payment.

If I was the kind of person who uses words like "proactive" , I would say this is a time to be proactive.

And best wishes for your selling career.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

kkootenay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yes, contact PP with the Delivery Confirmation number as soon as possible. This would be the shipping invoice number, probably. (I don't use UPS so I am not sure.)

As you know the three ways of having your money released are :

The buyer leaves positive feedback.

The seller gives PP the Delivery Confirmation number.

Paypal notes that no complaint has been laid by the buyer within 21 days after the payment.

If I was the kind of person who uses words like "proactive" , I would say this is a time to be proactive.

And best wishes for your selling career.

Login to Me Too

pinklady19

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

ADDING TRACKING IS A WASTE OF MONEY I USED TRACKING ON ALL PACKAGES SO PAYPAL WOULD RELEASE MY MONEY SOONER.iT DIDN'T HELP AT ALL.iF THE PEOPLE GIVE ME FEEDBACK I GET THE MONEY IF NOT I DON'T .THX PAYPAL FOR TREATING ME LIKE A CRIMANAL.ONE MORE FEEDBACK AND I WILL NEVER USE PAYPAL AGAIN

Login to Me Too

LizaShaw
Contributor
Contributor

DC, you mentioned "joining that suit." Are you referring to a class-action lawsuit? 

This practice of holding our rightfully earned money appears to me to be a massive breach of contract, (because their policy is nebulous and capricious) not to mention that if they are using our money to invest it for the 21 day period, the SEC might be interested in this as a fraud case.

Do you actually know of a lawsuit being developed???

Login to Me Too

luvstampin
Contributor
Contributor

Have you all considered the source from which the hold policy came from???

Stop whining and blaming Paypal and say your THANK YOU's to all the SCAM SELLERS that would get paid, empty thier accounts and run never shipping the items.

Paypal does NOT personally know any of us sellers to know who is a scammer and who isn't.

The hold is why as sellers we all need to make sure we have shipping funds available incase there is a hold.

NOTE: I am NOT an employee of ebay/ Paypal. I am just a very small seller.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@pinklady19 wrote:

My question is this; the item was delivered yesterday.   Do I need to contact paypal to have the money released, or will they release it automatically within 3 days?  My understanding is that delivery confirmation or positive feedback is needed to release the funds.  Am I correct?

Emily

Hi Emily,

If PayPal has the Delivery Confirmation/tracking number, the payment will likely (not always) be released 3-4 days after delivery. If you used PayPal shipping, PayPal has the DC/tracking number.

If you didn't use PayPal shipping, you will need to login to your PayPal account and add the DC/tracking number to the PayPal transaction details page.

If the payment isn't released 3-4 days after delivery, a phone call to PayPal will generally get it released.

Sandy

Login to Me Too

DDC
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone have paypals phone number, the AH's just held my $426 dollars.  I am to ship this package out of my own pocket I live off of a disability, think I need the freaking tax money more then they do.......... I will be joining that suit just as soon as I get my money released. 

Login to Me Too

bounntyhunter
New Community Member

I have been a user of Ebay and Paypal for several years and had taken a break due to becoming disabled, so needing funds I opened a new account with ebay and paypal to sell a Barbie doll collection to get some extra funds. After the first doll sold immagine my dismay when the customer paid and my funds are being held. So now I have to ship a $200 item and pay shipping and then wait for several days if not weeks to have access to my money. When I closed my old store I had over 1200 feedbacks with a 100% positive rating. And now I am being treated like a criminal. I am very dissapointed in this situation and am considering canceling the sale and trying to refund the payment and not using paypal for anything. It is just not worth another ulcer adding another worry on when will I get my money. Are there other people who feel this way?   bounntyhunter

Login to Me Too

DDC
Contributor
Contributor

I agree, its so sad that all these Rich CEO's of these companies have already ripped the US tax payers off to get our tax money to go have parties, now they are using our money to earn more interest this should be against the law, if I took someone's money and then said hey I will give it back after 30 days they would put me under the jail for theft.  This is freaking nuts.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< they know they are stealing and there is nothing we can do about it.  I had to charge the guys shipping, insurance, handling supplies on my credit card now at 29% interest just to ship the dang package.  It cost me $31, I sent it signiture confirmation, priority mail so why in the Hello does it take paypal 21 dang days to hold my money????????????????????????????????????

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.