Pending Balance?

mikep
Contributor
Contributor

I sold something and got paid for it, well that was like ten days ago.  The balance is still pending.  Then I sold another thing and the balance from that I received and its already available, it never had any pending time.  Does anyone know why that first balance would still be pending?  Also does anyone know when I should be expecting that payment to become available?  Thanks for the help

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

HappyWife
Contributor
Contributor

possibly payment was held because of eBay hold policy..............you need to meet ONE out of the three criteria

• We confirm that the item was delivered and up to 3 additional days have passed
  • Your buyer leaves positive feedback. (Applies only to eBay items.)
  • 21 days without disputes
  • Login to Me Too

mfoss01
    New Community Member

This policy is ridiculous.  The part that really gripes me is having to wait an additional 3 days after delivery of an item has been verified by the shipping service.  That's where I am drawing the line.  The point of it seems to be to protect buyers from fraudulent sales, but in my opinion this is over reaching on Paypal's part.  If I don't ship an item, then let the buyer bring a lawsuit.  I guess Paypal would get dragged into all of these suits, and that is why they have utterly stupid policies like this in place, but I am sick of dealing with them.  They have lost a customer.  I will never use Paypal again to sell or buy.  Paypal has become a very unfavorable marketplace for the small scale seller.  Hopefully others will realize this also, and resolve to use other available means of making transactions.  There is the possibility that a significant loss of business could instigate policy changes at Paypal to become more favorable to sellers, but I doubt it.

Login to Me Too

damon_dusk

Anyone else notice Paypal's total lack of presence in this thread. Only once did an employee show up with a generic quote from one of the emails we've all received a dozen times. There is an overwhelming outcry going on here and Paypal is simply refusing to acknowledge it.

WE KNOW YOU ARE WATCHING THIS THREAD. WE DEMAND YOU STOP IGNORING US AND BEGIN PROVIDING ANSWERS AND ACTION.

Users: remember that as long as our only action is to complain on these boards, nothing will change. We have no choice but to take the difficult path of finding the means to do business without Paypal until they meet our needs.

All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing.

Login to Me Too

azg
    Contributor
    Contributor

well, it appears eBay now holds your money for 21 days or until the buyer gives you positive feedback.  It's now 22 days and my $$  are still being held.  Unfortunately I gave this buyer, Tom Spearman, at hardcoremac has been unresponsive.

I will NOT be selling on eBay again for anything valuable.  The cheaper items had the $$ released early.  I didn't know I had to have a confirmation number to prove to eBay that the buyer received this... he surely would have groaned sooner if he hadn't.

I feel that eBay (Paypal) is keeping this money to their advantage, not the buyers' and I'll urge to to NOT LEAVE POSITIVE feedback until your buyer has left some and released your $$.  I was naive and gave this guy positive feedback.  

Login to Me Too

Flyingcat
    New Community Member

I am having the same problem.  We are all at the mercy of the Ebay buyer leaving feedback.   Paypal has taken it upon themselves to be buyers advocate and arbitor.   This seem like the ideal oppertunity for buyers to get thier item and thier money back.  Does anyone know if that has happened? 

Login to Me Too

azg
    Contributor
    Contributor

Actually Paypal has computerized this and I got my money released almost to the minute and second 21 days after the buyer paid it.  I personally plan to either block this buyer or I'll sell elsewhere.  No reason they should sit on my $$ for 21 days.  I didn't realize that if I'd kept the confirmation number on this shipment they would have released the item without the positive comment from the buyer.

It would have been nice if they had specified that when I listed the items.  My cheaper items were released right away... go figure!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.