Pending Balance?

mikep
Contributor
Contributor

I sold something and got paid for it, well that was like ten days ago.  The balance is still pending.  Then I sold another thing and the balance from that I received and its already available, it never had any pending time.  Does anyone know why that first balance would still be pending?  Also does anyone know when I should be expecting that payment to become available?  Thanks for the help

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

detan
New Community Member

Paypal_Jason,

I  have two eBay accounts and two Paypal accounts and because Paypal would only allow one debit card to access funds, I decided to change the linked Paypal account for one of my eBay account to consolidate funds.

When a $867 payment for an item was received today, I received an email informing me that payment is being withheld from available funds for 21 days until item has shipped or buyer has left a positive feedback.

I have sold several items worth more than $867 this year and not one of the payments were held. I believe an error has occurred because NONE of the possible conditions (listed below) apply to either my accounts. Both my selling accounts were established 10 and 7 years ago, feedback ratings are 98 & 100% respectively.  And my DSR for Item as Described and Shipping time are 5.0, 5.0, 4.94, 5.0.

* Holds may be placed on your account if:
* You’ve been a PayPal member for less than 90 days or a new seller and you have limited selling activity
* You have a high rate of customer disputes
* You’re selling in a high risk category or industry such as, but not limited to, tickets, travel, gift certificates, computers, consumer electronics, or cell phones
* You have a spike in selling activities or begin selling in a category without an established history
*I’m a tenured PayPal seller. Will payments I receive be held? If you don’t have a record of good performance or have limited selling activity or other indication of potential performance problems, your payments may be held.

I have tried to call ALL DAY - LITERALLY ALL DAY, at times being on hold for 59 minutes - to report my problem but I can't seem to get a call center in North

America, I kept gettting the call center in the Phillipines. Suffice to say, I never got anywhere with these people. They SOUND like they speak English but their actuallanguage comprehension is very, very, VERY poor. Question and answers have to be repeated, the crux of the problem has to be explained - extensively and exhaustively. In my opinion, the call center in the Philippines should only take calls from the Philippines only. They are unqualified to take calls from North America because basic grasp of a language alone isn't enough. When people who are SUPPOSED to provide CUSTOMER SERVICE do NOT have  similar values they are NOT equipped to assist & help at all. In terms of technical know-how, they have not demonstrated that they are able to do anything significant in the system either.

Most disturbingly, when confronted with the fact that I'm aware they're in call center operating outside of the US, they lie and claim they are in San Jose.When asked what freeways run through San Jose however, the line went very, very quiet.

RETURN EBAY / PAYPAL CUSTOMER SERVICE CALL CENTERS BACK TO NORTH AMERICA.

Login to Me Too

sjryne
New Community Member

I agree!!!!!!! Can not be said enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

HappyWife
Contributor
Contributor

if you meet one of the criteria you should not wait, contact customer service to have your payment released

Login to Me Too

Hogguide

I have contacted custmoer service and the one that spoke the best english told me that I was basically "out of luck" and it would be another 21+ days before anymore would be released.

Login to Me Too

lyndi
Contributor
Contributor

I sooooo agree with everything you have said!!! I am going through the same horrible experience, give american paypal customer service agents to american vendors!!! and maybe these frustrating glitches with our accounts will be corrected!!!

Login to Me Too

todd
Contributor
Contributor

1778 VIEWS and only 12 replys to this thread ??? seems like everyone agrees .. topic is a huge concern and problem but only 12 reply's .. guess most know that paypal is KING and complain all you want they have a monopoly >>  How SAD for American Businesses ..

Login to Me Too

merchantmoms
Contributor
Contributor

I've been fortunate.  Any time I have needed to contact Paypal via telephone or email  I received immediate, friendly, effecient answers.  And American, I do believe.  In the ten years (more or less) I haven't had any issues at all.

While the pending balance is 1) confusing to many; and 2) makes it difficult if you must pay a drop shipper for your item before you actually get the funds yourself;  I can understand there was a need to protect .

Login to Me Too

popculturizm
Contributor
Contributor

I agree this seems to be punishment for things not done, we are a verified buisness acoount, powerseller with high rating and great DSR, and paypal just started to implement this "new" precedure, when we initial called them "jeremy" literally told me that if I didn't want to sell on eBay I could leave, nice cutomer service, we have been on eBay for 10 years and are cureently searching out other options, since eBay no longer has the presence it once had (seen a commerical lately?) but since Paypal is now bigger than eBay , it makes sense for them to hold our money this way they make the interest off it, why can't we make any interest? why aren't the pending funds being held in an interest bearing account? after all it's our money not paypals and we have no choice but to allow them to take it and use as they will. Simply fact is Paypal and eBay no longer want sellers, and our business. just ask Jeremy

Login to Me Too

Hogguide

Same Scenario here. I have made several transactions with customers (not ebay) and I have only had $25 of my money released in 8 weeks now.  I am PI$$ED and will NEVER use ebay again for  ANY transactions or busien ss I conduct over the interent.

BTW...I have NEVER had a dispute with ANYONE filed against me or vice versa.

Login to Me Too

azg
Contributor
Contributor

see topic releasing your money.  I got mine after EXACTLY 21 days -- to the minute!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.